Aim and Benefits of USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will receive holistic support which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees.
- Laptops, books, and other learning materials.
- Reasonable accommodation and meals.
- Medical insurance.
- Transport to and from home.
- Access to leadership training.
- Access to entrepreneurial training.
- Psycho-social support, career counseling, and mentorship.
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for.
View Ongoing Study Abroad Scholarships
Requirements for USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Qualification
- Be 29 years and below at the time of application.
- Meet the minimum university entry grade of a C+ and above or its equivalent as set by the Kenya Commission for University Education. Applicants interested in courses in the school of Pharmacy and Health sciences must have a mean grade of B- or its equivalent and at least a C+ or B- in the cluster subjects of English, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry. International applicants must meet the equivalent.
- Must be interested in any of the approved 13 undergraduate degree programs for the Scholars Program
at USIU-Africa as follows:
- School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology, Bachelor of Science in Software
Engineering and Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS) – Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) –Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Chandaria School of Business (CSB) – Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology)
- Have proven record of leadership involvement and community give back engagement.
- Demonstrate socio-economic disadvantage.
Interview date, Process and Venue for USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
The scholarship targets African youth who are either, Young Women, Refugees/ displaced Youth, Persons with disabilities and Young Men with the following qualities;
- Academic talent
- Commitment to giving back to their communities
- Leadership potential
How to Apply
- Interested applicants can download the application form the USIU-Africa website. Application forms can also be picked from the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme office at the School of Graduate Studies, Research and Extension, 2nd floor.
- Before filling in the application form, read through all the instructions and required information.
- Submit complete application together with other supporting documents required by email ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all the required documents are scanned in PDF format. Clearly name while sending with your name and nationality as the email subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your application at the Scholars Program Office, located in the School of Graduate Studies, Research and Extension building at USIUAfrica.
For more details,visit USIU-Africa website
September 16, 2022