If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Tuskys, the leading retailer in Kenya has adopted remains to be a very strategic player in the market. It has experienced significant growth over the last few years, leading to many opportunities coming up.
Bakery Production Manager
Purpose: The Production Manager is responsible for coordinating the activities instore bakery Production and monitoring procedures and standards to achieve consistent high quality products produced in an efficient manner. The production manager provides leadership for, and develops the abilities of, production leaders in the department.
The Production Manager is responsible for ensuring the best quality products, excellent customer service by maintaining regular quality audits, good manufacturing practices, compliance with local regulations (OSHA, Department of Health, etc.) and HACCP.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and ensure production plans for all bakeries are in place
- Ensure production target are achieved in the bakeries
- Oversee quality assurance and consistency across all bakeries.
- Set and develop hygiene standards and ensure compliance in the bakeries
- Ensure good customer service is offered in the bakeries
- Ensure there is product availability in the bakery, i.e. maintain at optimal capacity
- Ensure that staff are in proper uniform and are well groomed
- Ensure consistent and timely supply of ingredients to the bakeries from Head Office
- Ensure machine repairs and service maintenance in the bakeries is timely done.
- Develop sales promotion programs to attract more customers.
- Enforce cleaning schedules for equipment and work area
- Continually perform quality audits as well as equipment performance
- Coordinate regular training on all staff for proper use of equipment, customer service and any other related training.
- Any other task as assigned by the management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Diploma in food production
- 3 – 5+ years of hands on, management experience within a food production environment, preferably within the baking or related industry
- Good working knowledge of bakery production equipment such as mixers, dividers, rounders, proofers, etc
- Working knowledge of process controls and industry standards
- A good understanding of working within a budget and meeting those goals.
- Ability to resolve problems and jump right in to help
- Good Organization and Time Management Skills
- Ability to supervise and mentor
- Positive and professional communication and customer service skills
- Competent in computer knowledge – accustomed to working in an MS Office environment and competent in Excel
Method of Application
If you meet the above requirements send your CV to email@example.com quoting “Bakery Production Manager “ on the email subject
Application deadline is Wednesday May 23rd, 2018, at 5:00pm.
Late applications will not be considered.