Tulaa was incubated inside of Esoko, an award-winning tech company that pioneered the use of mobile technology to deliver vital information to smallholder farmers. Following a successful spin-off in 2017, Tulaa is now expanding quickly in Kenya.
We build and deploy technology to level the playing field for buyers and sellers by lowering the cost and risk of transacting with smallholder farmers. Through our platform, farmers can access financial services, discounted agricultural inputs, information and markets for their crops, all via their feature phone. Our vision is to become the leading virtual marketplace for rural buyers and sellers in Africa.
Call Centre Interns (Agricultural Tech)
Tulaa Call Centre Advisors are a vital link to the farmers. They build trust in our brand, generating goodwill through the provision of reliable and accurate information, actively listening to the farmers, and putting customer euphoria at the centre of every interaction.
About the Role
- Provide expert advice to farmers on good agronomic practices in their local languages on phone
- Sell approved Tulaa products and services to farmers e.g. input layaways, input credit, etc.
- Translate and record crop production protocols to voice messages in the local language
- Create tickets of all inbounds and outbound calls
- Write weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual call reports for the farmer helpline
- Answer inbound calls/or emails promptly and in accordance with established procedures
- Empathize with caller(s) and provide technical advice about the Tulaa program
- Respond courteously and solve problems to achieve customer euphoria with every interaction
- Recognize, apply, and explain product knowledge to customers
- Comprehend and interpret customer complaints/or suggestions accurately
- Build customer(s) interest in the services and products offered by Tulaa
- Communicate relevant market information as well as customer needs, demands and pain points to the business team effectively to drive product development
- Provide technical support for end users through effective troubleshooting and problem solving
- Identify the need to escalate specific issues and follow through where necessary
- A minimum of first degree in agriculture technology, general agriculture, agronomy, or agriculture extension
- A sound knowledge in telephone etiquette
- Proficient data entry skills
- Able to inspire and influence, with and without authority
- Diligent attention to detail and strong technical intuition
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Kind and empathetic – your EQ is as high as your IQ
- Passionate about working in an innovative business with strong social impact
- Able to thrive in a startup culture
- Adept at managing through ambiguity and providing clarity
- Fun, energetic, and collaborative personality with a positive outlook
- Able to inspire and advocate internally and externally, with or without authority
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in English
We actively promote diversity, creativity, and professionalism in the workplace.
Method of Application
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com on or before 15th February 2019