Siaya County has three major geomorphologic areas namely: Dissected Uplands, Moderate Lowlands and Yala Swamp. These have different relief, soils and land use patterns. The altitudeof the County rises from 1,140m on the shores of Lake Victoria to 1,400m above sea level on the North. There are few hills found in the County namely; Mbaga, Odiado, Akala, Regea,Nyambare, Usenge, Ramogi hills, Rambugu, Abiero, Sirafuongo and Naya hills. River Nzoia and Yala traverse the County and enter Lake Victoria through the Yala Swamp.The physical features have a bearing on the overall development potential of the County. The high altitude areas that form the Ugenya and Ugunja sub-counties have higher rainfall hence suitable for agriculture and livestock keeping. Rivers Nzoia, Yala and Lake Kanyaboli have agreat potential for irrigation.
Director Public Participation
The Director of Public Participation will be deployed at the headquarters in the County Secretary’s Office and will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinating public participation activities of the County Government
- Mobilize and organize the public, stakeholders and local communities to participate in county governance and decision making processes;
- Sensitize the public on County structures and opportunities for Public Participation;
- Establishing linkages with local and international institutions, Associations and organisations whose objectives are to promote Public Participation within the County;
- Collaborate with relevant institutions in the County to promote access to information and civic education programmes;
- Establish an appropriate feedback mechanism to the public;
- Ensure that the citizen participation processes adhere to the relevant legislation, regulations, policies or guidelines affecting the rights and responsibilities of the public officers and participants;
- Facilitate public education and training programmes relating to citizen participation;
- Receiving and coordinating citizen petitions within the County Executive;
- Maintain a depository of all information, correspondence and documentation on public participation and citizen petitions within the County Executive;
- Assessing the public responsiveness to public participation and making recommendation to the County Executive Committee Member;
- Submitting reports to the County Executive Committee Member on public participation and citizen petitions within the County Executive;
- Advise the County Executive Committee Member generally on the appropriate policies, plans and strategies for enhancing public participation in the county; and
- Carry out any other function in furtherance of the objects and purpose of this Act as may be assigned by the County Executive Committee Member.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Served in Deputy Director Public Participation or equivalent for at least (3) years
- Masters Degree or Post Graduate Diploma or equivalent in any Social Science from a recognized Institution.
- A Strategic Leadership Development Programme or equivalent from a recognized Institution.
- Have knowledge and relevant experience in community service or social work.
- Meet the requirement of leadership and integrity set out in chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
- Tax compliance certificates
- Clearance from HELB where necessary
- Clearance from the Ethics and anti- corruption commission
- Clearance from the CRB.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the police
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by downloading and completing the application for employment forms available on this website, attach copies of their credentials and send to
Siaya County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 390-40601,
EMAIL us on firstname.lastname@example.org
So as to reach the Board on or before Friday, 22nd February 2019 at 4:00pm
Siaya county public service board is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified persons from other ethnic communities are highly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment process is absolutely free and any form of lobbying, canvasing or bribery will lead to automatic disqualification.