Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value added services and support for community projects. With over 29 Million subscribers and an estimated market share of 67%, the Company has the widest modern mobile network coverage in Kenya and prides in its experienced shareholders, attractive tariffs, a nationwide network of effective dealers, high caliber staff and management enabling it to maintain its position as the region’s mobile market leader.
Reporting to the Manager- Infrastructure Support, the position holder will be responsible for System support, monitoring and administration of Safaricom UNIX/Linux based servers and Storage. This includes general system administration tasks, software and hardware support, system configuration, backups, system monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting, skills transfer and customer management. Configuration management and documentation.
- Administering, configuring and troubleshooting servers based on UNIX/Linux and Virtualization. This includes response, problem resolution and escalation of server issues;
- Analysis of server hardware and operating system software. This includes implementation of tactical service improvements, upgrades and system patching;
- Liaise with users, hardware and software vendors and internal systems owners to fine tune systems hardware and software for all systems;
- Operations of backup tools and testing of disk and data recovery;
- Provide solutions on all business systems. Prompt restoration of lost data for the business;
- Backup, hardware and software assurance;
- Maintenance of systems documentation and procedures;
- Technical support for assigned company initiatives and projects. Participation in feasibility studies and testing for new IT infrastructure components;
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4 years experience as Systems administrator in a multifaceted business environment with integrated/mixed Windows, UNIX/Linux, SAN/NAS and Virtualized environment;
- Strong in UNIX/Linux Servers and Storage Systems Administration including certification;
- System Administration Techniques – understanding OS Performance, IBM AIX, Linux Enterprise, Server Hardware and Storage;
- Knowledge in SAN and NAS is desirable;
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.