United Millers Limited is committed to use high quality inputs, latest process technologies, highly skilled man power, affordable price control for all products and continual improvement of our Quality Management System.
We will continue to grow and expand our business to keep pace with the demands of the growing population and its needs, enriching the life of all stakeholders from employees, investors and customers.
Department: Nakuru Bakery
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
No. direct Reports: 0
Work Schedule: 6 days per week (Mon-Sat)
Domestic Travel: <=20%
Status: Kenyan Citizen
Relationship: Contract Employment
Other Provisions: TBD
B. Summary of Role
The Electrical Artisan for the Bakery helps to install, maintain and repair the electronic components and equipment used in manufacturing equipment or device that involves electricity. They can sometimes work with Mechanical Artisans on larger repair or maintenance jobs.
The Electrical Artisan keeps all specialty bakery equipment running correctly. Employs specialized measuring and diagnostic devices to evaluate how electrical equipment is working, building or calibrating instrumentation, build electronic devices based on reading schematics, inspect for problems, replace old equipment and install new equipment, and much more.
C. Key Job Responsibilities
Installation of New Electrical Systems
- The Electrical Artisan assists with the installation of new or refurbished electrical components for bakery production equipment.
- Runs tests to ensure that serviced or repaired electrical components are ready to be implemented and work out any issues before the equipment is used on a daily basis.
Troubleshoot Problems with Electrical Equipment
- The Electrical Artisan troubleshoots and determines the causes of problems with electrical components in the Bakery.
- The Electrical Artisan must be knowledgeable in troubleshooting problems with various types of electrical components and understand why electrical equipment may not be working properly.
Repair and Maintain Existing Equipment
- Once a problem has been identified, the Electrical Artisan must then use tools and replacement parts to carry out repairs to electrical components.
- The Electrical Artisan also conduct regularly-scheduled maintenance on electrical components to keep the production plant running as intended and to avoid any down-time due to break-downs or improper operations.
Maintain Repair and Maintenance Logs and Records
- It is important for the Electrical Artisan to log details pertaining to the repair and maintenance of industrial equipment.
- This is crucial information for the Maintenance Supervisor to know in the event that machines need to be upgraded or replaced, there is a record of ongoing issues or proof that machines have been properly maintained.
C. Candidate Selection Criteria
- The Electrical Artisan should have at least 5-7 years’ experience working with manufacturing and production equipment electrical components. Demonstrating participation in on-the-job training or apprenticeship programs are an added advantage.
- Preference will be given to individuals who have Electrical Artisan experience in one or more of the following:
- Milling and Baking plant equipment
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods production equipment
- Food and Beverage manufacturing equipment
- A candidate possessing a technical diploma or associate’s degree in electrical technology is an added advantage.
- Deductive Reasoning – Electrical Artisans need to be able to look for problems in complicated electrical grids, isolate the issue and solve it.
- Logic – Electrical Artisans need to be able to look at electrical blueprints and scan them for issues, making sure that they work before installed.
- Manual Dexterity – Working with wires, using hand tools and handling small components requires manual dexterity.
- Mathematical Knowledge – Electrical Artisans must have a good command of mathematics. Math is needed to analyze and create schematics.
- Observation – Electrical Artisans need to be able to look at electrical grids and evaluate them for any problems, to make sure they are being installed correctly
- Problem-Solving – Electrical Artisans need to be able to identify issues and make corrective measures to fix problems with electrical components
Method of Application
Candidates who meet the above qualification should send their application attaching their CV, cover letter and send them via email to the firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st March 2019 at 5.00pm, indicating the position applied for as the subject matter.
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.