Africa is our home, we drive her growth. What does this mean for a brand that is 155 years old? It means that we know, understand and believe in Africa and all her opportunities. We see the potential it has for our people, our customers, entrepreneurs and those who are as passionate about investing in Africa as we are. Our family extends across 20 countries in sub-Saharan Africa and we nurture some of the most skilled, innovative and creative minds in the industry.
IT Applications Support Analyst, South Sudan
To provide first level user support across all related IT Applications in South Sudan Branch. In addition, the Applications Analyst will provide desktop support in South Sudan, monitor performance of IT Applications and escalate high impact issues to the Applications support manager.
Provide IT applications first level support to all users in South Sudan branch
- Provide first level support for all relevant applications to all users in South Sudan branch
- Log/report/escalate all application faults/incidents.
- Review fault/incident logs to ascertain and address all system related issues.
- Ensure all faults/incidents are resolved within agreed SLAs and escalate all high priority incidents to the the applications support manager.
- Provide after-hours support in line with Service Level Agreements to ensure customer satisfaction
Installation, support and maintenance of Application systems
- Installation, support and maintenance of application systems as directed by the Application support manager.
- Conduct periodic checks on the installed application systems and produce reports as directed
- Perform housekeeping/maintenance activities on Applications as directed
- Participate in project implementation as assigned by the Applications Support manager.
Monitor all Applications to ensure high availability of service.
- Conduct periodic checks to ensure high availability of all application systems
- Identify shortcomings on the bank’s application systems and provide solutions to improve or rectify them according to business requirements
- Participate in all Disaster Recovery Testing and Simulation activities
Adherence to the bank’s Information Security standards and risk management
- Carry out risk assessment on installed application systems and ensure that noted gaps raised and addressed timely
- Maintain adequate Information Security controls according to the Group standards. This includes (but not limited to):
- Password configurations/administration (refer to LAM policy)
- Privileged User and activities Reviews
- Logical Access Controls (communication mechanisms)
- Perform routine maintenance on desktops and laptops
- Provide first level desktop support to all users at South Sudan.
- Install, upgrade and troubleshoot hardware and software systems
- Support bank staff through installing applications and computer peripherals
- Escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
Preferred Qualification And Experience
- At least one-year experience in any of the following areas: IT security, Infrastructure, Technical, support, Systems Administration, Applications support, Electronic Banking/Channels Support, Programming, Database Administration, Systems Analysis
- Banking/financial industry experience would be an added advantage
- Must have working knowledge of the bank’s Core systems
- Must have working knowledge of systems management, implementation methods and applications Support.
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments will be an added advantage
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Customer-oriented attitude
- Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners
- Certification/Active Membership of a professional organization would be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Bank Group career website on careers.peopleclick.eu.com to apply