The Micro and Small Enterprises Authority (MSEA) is a State Corporation established under Micro and Small Enterprises Act No. 55 of 2012.
Registrar of MSE Associations, Ref. No: MSEA-1/7/2019
Reporting to the CEO, the Registrar will be responsible for the registration of MSE Associations and umbrella organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Registering MSE associations and advising them accordingly;
- Maintaining an up to date disaggregated data bank of all MSE Associations;
- Regulating the operations of all MSE Associations and umbrella organizations;
- Overseeing MSE Associations elections’ and intervening to initiate arbitration process in cases of dispute;
- Liaising with MSEA County offices in sensitizing and encouraging MSE operators to form and register sector based MSE Associations;
- Preparing annual and regular reports on registered MSE Associations; and
- Carrying out investigations on any unlawful operations undertaken by MSE associations and umbrella organizations.
Qualifications and Skills
For appointment to this position an officer must have;-
- Minimum experience of twelve (12) years, five (5) of which must have been in a senior management position as Registrar in micro and small enterprises or in a comparable position;
- Bachelor of Laws (L.L.B) degree from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in Law or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Been admitted as an Advocate of the High Court;
- Certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks;
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the mission, vision, and strategies of MSEA and the ability to clearly interpret and apply role of Micro and Small Enterprise in Kenya’s social economic development and particularly in line with vision 2030 and Big 4 Agenda.
In addition, all prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of leadership and integrity as set out in Chapter six (6) of the constitution of Kenya and attach the following documents to their applications:-
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission clearance Certificate (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority Tax compliance Certificate (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board clearance Certificate(HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau
Method of Application
If you clearly believe that you to meet the criteria given above, please submit your sealed application letters with detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, 3 referees with their e-mail addresses and telephone contacts; quoting the Reference Number for the job being applied on both the envelop and the application letter.
All applications should either be sent through the post office or hand delivered or emailed to the Chief Executive Officer not later than 30th July, 2019.
The Chief Executive Officer
Micro and Small Enterprise Authority (MSEA)
Utalii House 10th Floor, Left wing
P.O. Box 48823-00100
MSEA is an equal opportunity employer .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification