At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About The Role
Uber Eats delivers the best of your city right when you want it. Our curated menus feature dishes from the local spots you love and the ones you’ve always wanted to try. It’s the same cashless payment as an Uber ride. So just tap the app, get your food delivered right to your doorstep and enjoy! As the Country Manager for Uber Eats in Kenya, you will have the unique opportunity to scale and develop our food platform in this exciting emerging market.
This is a challenging business side startup role, and you will work with the Uber Eats operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. You will have direct responsibility for the growth of the Uber Eats business.
What You'll Do
- Work with the Uber Eats SSA team, Product team, and Engineering to communicate product and process needs to deliver Uber Eats in your market
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns targeted both at the consumer and the restaurant partners
- Build the business from ground up: Be on site at different restaurants handling logistics and transport, helping restaurants optimize their supply chain and connecting their business with Uber's
- Run experiments: We're looking for people who are curious and passionate about solving problems! As a startup within a startup, there will be many interesting challenges ahead. Experimenting and finding unique solutions is in our DNA.
- Engage with local regulatory and political stakeholders within the food delivery ecosystem
- Scale Uber Eats whilst balancing the growth and profitability of Uber Eats
- The GM will need to develop a future of food vision in Kenya and East Africa
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 7 years experience in business management experience in operations, strategy, technology, business development or a similar area - P&L ownership is a plus
- In depth knowledge of the Kenyan market place
- Master’s degree in science/engineering, economics, finance, management, social sciences, law or similar field
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is a plus
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgement - you understand what drives value for each group in our marketplace and can make sensible commercial decisions to reflect this
- Advanced Excel skills
- Effective project management - experience delivering on a multifaceted projects with many stakeholders
- Stellar relationship building skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen, from negotiation to execution
- Experience leading a team is a plus, with willingness to invest in the coaching and development of your team members
- A passion for Uber Eats and growing the brand
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Uber career website on www.uber.com to apply