d.light innovations have helped shape global off-grid markets for more than a decade. With an expanding portfolio of solar lanterns and solar home systems that are distributed at more than 30,000 retail outlets in nearly 70 countries to 100 million customers, d.light continues to manifest its vision for designing and delivering the future of light and power.
Broadly speaking, d.light operates in two types of markets: vertically integrated markets where d.light sells products directly to end-consumers (e.g. Kenya), and partner markets where d.light works with strategic local partners able to manage the import, sale, and after-sales services necessary to support off-grid communities with the full range of d.light products.
Global Communications Lead
Language: Native ability in English and French
Reporting to: Marketing Director, Global Partnerships
The ideal candidate is someone with a proven track record of handling external communications across multiple countries, cultures, and industry contexts. Well-rounded, well-read, well-networked, experienced PR executive who can generate compelling, impact-centered content for diverse audiences, manage relationships with large numbers of internal and external stakeholders, and disseminate company news internationally through their personal connections. Experience managing renowned brands' social media strategy and outreach, as well as experience in emerging markets, is preferred.
- Write and issue press releases, articles, blog posts, op/eds, white papers, website copy, and company newsletter to build corporate reputation, provide industry leadership, and strengthen our relationships with relevant external stakeholders. Further this via social media and blogs;
- Manage media contacts and incoming requests from media and other organizations; serve as corporate spokesperson and coordinate interviews with senior management team as needed;
- Manage global corporate materials and impact-centered messaging. Collect, write, and manage customer stories, case studies, and other narratives of profound social change for internal and external use;
- Execute on opportunities to raise the profile of the business, such as participation in key networks or applying for industry awards or other recognitions. Proactively support others in managing the company’s relationship with external parties, maximizing the benefit that the business can accrue relative to the effort invested;
- Manage d.light and CEO participation in speaking engagements in key conferences that will elevate d.light’s profile. Prepare presentations and talking points as needed. Professionally represent the organization at sector networking events.
Social media management:
- Develop and implement comprehensive social media strategy across multiple countries and industries;
- Administer the company’s social media marketing and advertising, growing d.light's global audience, including our supporter and customer base;
- Generate continuous content for global social media handles (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram) to capture impact, promote d.light brand and values, and strengthen industry leadership;
- Manage and update the brand website;
- Manage d.light's online reputation, tracking mentions and responding to community queries and comments;
- Expand d.light's reach through online platforms and news/blog networks.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A bachelor’s or master's degree in literature or communications-related fields
- 8-10 years of working in a global multinational or NGO leading PR or as a journalist for a leading business magazine/news portal specializing in business, social enterprise, renewable energy, and/or international development
- Exceptional storytelling skills with particular attention to technical details; able to produce consistently clean, compelling copy
- Highly trustworthy with confidential and sensitive information. Clear understanding of confidentiality
- Excellent IT Skills, including use of ICT packages i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe suite and WordPress a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills across diverse cultures and industries;
- Excellent letter writing and public speaking skills that can speak to diverse audiences
- Ability to work under pressure to agreed deadlines and adapt to change.
- Exceptional ability to pay high attention to detail to ensure that high-quality work leaves the organization
- Ability to work in a flexible manner – out of hours as required.
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage external contractors toward producing excellent, timely outputs
- Ability to represent the company externally with key stakeholders
- Growing networks of connections with leading business magazines and influencers
- Experience managing corporate social media handles of renowned brands
- Proficiency in French a plus
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to d.light career website on www.linkedin.com to apply