Yara East Africa Ltd is as subsidiary of Yara International ASA , a world’s leading fertilizer company and a provider of environmental solutions. Yara grows knowledge to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet, to fulfill our vision of a collaborative society, a world without hunger and a planet respected. We provide growers with key knowledge and best practices to sustainably improve their crop yields, quality, and profitability.
Yara East Africa has been in operation in Kenya for the past 22 years; importing and distributing fertilizer to farmers. Yara has also developed crop specific fertilizers (YaraMila, YaraBela, YaraLiva and YaraVita) crop programs to supply complete balanced crop nutrition for a wide range of arable, horticultural, grassland, fruit and forage crops and as well as offering capacity building programs to farmers.
- Impacts the business strategy for the region or product line, leads the local sales strategy, manages relationships with key customers and stakeholders, develops or influences pricing, and market opportunities for Yara products, in order to meet overall business objectives.
- Define the sales targets for the region, both in terms of volumes and in product lines, and ensure the commercial targets of the region are met for crop and product lines, as well as for customer segments.
- Support in the process of research and development of new and existing products, according to the company’s strategic direction and business growth.
- Define the value proposition by crops or key products consistently, identifying the technical strategy for developing effective sales campaigns.
- Provide leadership in the execution of the Agronomy and Marketing strategies in the territory.
- Drive effective leadership to the commercial team in executing and accomplishment of the commercial strategy.
- Own and deliver on the Yara Brand and Communications Strategy bringing robustness and growth in the region.
- Implement professional communication plans/campaigns for target crop and customer segments
- Lead and develop the team
- University degree in Agronomy or related fields
- Minimum 8 years practical experience in Agribusiness industry working experience
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in a multinational company
- Experience in leading remote teams is an added advantage
- Technical Competencies—Agronomy and Marketing knowledge
- Interpersonal Competencies—Relationship Management, Communication, conflict management, personal effectiveness and credibility
- Business Competencies—Business Acumen, Critical Evaluation, and Consultation
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Yara International career website on jobs.yara.com to apply