Aim of the role
The purpose of this position is to assist in leading the daily Food & Beverage outlet operations including overall quality, service and service staff performance of the designated outlets.
The Assistant Food and Beverage Supervisor will work daily with the F&B staff to ensure both external and internal Guest Satisfaction in the outlets by training, coaching, developing and correcting behavior of the F&B Staff.
Outline of Responsibilities:
- Ensure a high standard of service and cleanliness in the restaurants, bar, boardrooms, conference rooms and kitchens are maintained.
- Maintain a high standard of guest relations and personal contact, ensuring that all complaints are dealt with immediately.
- Execute outlet operations including food and beverage promotions, customer service and Inventories.
- Lead the Front of the House staff in training the following: restaurant standards, wine service and customer service.
- Assist F&B Management in monitoring labor, inventory and Food Handlers/ HACCP Certifications.
- Monitor the performance of outlet service staff. Supervision duties include; delegating responsibilities, scheduling, coaching and correcting, evaluating, interviewing, training and mentoring of staff.
- Maintain Restaurant inventory, cleanliness, food rotation and menu consistency
- Maintain policies and procedures. Adhere to HACCP, OSHA and alcoholic beverage commission guidelines
- Provide assistance to the F&B Management in all menu preparations, kitchen rules, service standards, cleanliness and inventory controls for F&B
- Update the Specials menu board daily and changing during meal periods.
- Responsible for training shift leaders for their responsibilities during all meal periods and events
- Assist the F&B Management in all kitchen efforts, staffing and inventory controls as assigned
- Assist in the execution of the strategic plan including forecasting, budget management, profit and loss accountability, cost control and inventories
- Conduct inventory for par levels of food, beverage and paper supplies.
- Assist in establishing methods for inventory control and adhere to purchasing procedures
- Ensure proper maintenance, cleaning and operation of the outlet and service equipment
- Continue to enhance the guest service experience by creative initiatives
- Assist in the execution of administrative function such as reporting, forecasting, quality assurance and departmental meetings
- Maintain and demonstrate strong knowledge of food and beverage trends within the hospitality industry
- Provide direct ‘hands-on’ cooking or prep work on the hot line if necessary to deliver quality, prompt food service as needed on busy events or meal periods
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attends all training sessions as scheduled.
Replacement and Temporary Mission
- May be assigned to perform reliever duties when need be.
Basic Conditions and Benefits of Employment:
These are in line with normal company policies and practices, specific details will be communicated to an applicant should he/she qualifies for consideration.
Line of Reporting and Communication:
Responsible To: Food and Beverage Manager
Responsible For: Food and Beverage Service Staff.
In Communication With: Other Hotel Departments
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- Level of Literacy: Must be able to read and write in English & Kiswahili. A foreign language will be an added advantage.
- Level of Communication: Skills Must be in possession of excellent communication skills
- Level of Formal / Professional / Education & Training: Diploma in Food & Beverage Sales and Services from a reputable institution.
- Level of Experience: At least 2 years experience in a similar role
- Leadership Skills: Must have demonstrable leadership skills
If you have the specified attributes and wish to be considered for the position, please send a copy of your Curriculum Vitae and testimonials accompanied by a letter which sets out your interest in the post, and your suitability for it to: FHR@clhg.com