Aim of the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the activities of the restaurants operations and staff, ensure quality product and excellent service to the hotel guests and walk-in customers.
He/she will need to create and maintain a unique guest experience whilst executing brand standards as well as build brand awareness of the hotel, drive business in innovative ways and ensure that proper controls are maintained.
Outline of Responsibilities:
- Interacts with the guests promoting the hotel facilities and service.
- Building guest relationships and creating return business.
- Conduct daily, Weekly and monthly meetings /training with the supervisors.
- To ensure all conference guests are welcomed, invoices are correct and function sheets are well understood and communicated to the team.
- Working with maintenance to ensure all equipment is maintained at maximum efficiency.
- Interview, train, supervise and discipline the F&B staff to achieve efficient operation of the department.
- Working with the HR office and local colleagues/universities to ensure internships are supported.
- Assist in developing and carrying out action plans for the hotel to be environmentally conscious.
- Ensure all day-to-day operational activities are planned and assigned accordingly to all senior team members.Working with the Executive chef to ensure regular specials are in place and buffet menus are adapted to clients’ needs.
- Responsible for the F&B store and controls equipment and breakages and provides weakly report to the Director of F&B.
- Adhere to the City Lodge Values and Fundamental Principles at all times.
- Attends all training sessions as scheduled.
Replacement and Temporary Mission
May be assigned to perform reliever duties when need be.
Basic Conditions and Benefits of Employment:
These are in line with normal company policies and practices, specific details will be communicated to an applicant should he/she qualifies for consideration.
Line of Reporting and Communication:
Responsible To: General Manager.
Responsible For: Food and Beverage Service Department.
In Communication With: Other Hotel Departments
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- Level of Literacy: Must be able to read and write in English & Kiswahili. A foreign language will be an added advantage.
- Level of Numeracy: Must possess excellent numeracy skills.
- Level of Communication: Skills Must be in possession of excellent communication skills
- Level of Formal / Professional / Education & Training: Higher Diploma in Food and Beverage Service operations. In addition a college certificate in a Management Course.
- Level of Experience in Job Advertised: 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a 4/5 star hotel environment.
- Leadership Skills: Must have demonstrable leadership skills
- Negotiation Skills: Ability to effectively negotiate with internal and external parties.
- 4.8 Flexibility: The candidate must be flexible in terms of working hours to ensure presence during service times.
If you have the specified attributes and wish to be considered for the position, please send a copy of your Curriculum Vitae and testimonials accompanied by a letter which sets out your interest in the post, and your suitability for it to: FHR@clhg.com