VA/4 (1 position-Based in Nairobi)
- Administer all accreditation processes ensuring compliance with standards developed by the Council
- Maintaining files and data on compliance with accreditation processes
- Provide advice, support and assistance by interpreting policies and procedures.
- Represents the department at various conferences and serves on accreditation related committees
- Serves as the departments liaison and other related agencies
- Monitor compliance rate among media houses and training institutions
- Develop and implement departmental programs and objectives
- Conduct periodic review and revision of policies and procedures on accreditation and ensure that they are submitted to Management
- Organize, prioritize and assign tasks to the departments members
- Enforce work deadlines as they apply to accreditation
- Prepare and submit reports to the Management
- Creation of linkages and relationships between the Council and stakeholders
- Perform any other duties as assigned or required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of MCK Act 2013 and accreditation standards
- Ability to work and interpret rules, regulations and policies
- Ability to multi-task and work under minimum supervision
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in evaluation situations and making decisions
- Ability to communicate and articulate verbal and written instructions and procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Must exercise a high degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Masters in Communication, Social Sciences or any other related field
- Four (4) years’ experience of progressively responsible administrative and managerial work in accreditation and Two in a supervisory capacity
Shortlisted candidates for VA/1 must obtain clearance from the following:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
Applicants for positions VA/2, VA/9, VA10 and VA/11 must clearly indicate their preferred station of work or indicate willingness to work in any of the mentioned regional offices.
Applicants meeting desired qualifications should send their applications giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact address including daytime telephone number, detailed C.V, copies of certificates and testimonials and contact details of three referees.
Applications should indicate position applied for including the reference number and addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Media Council of Kenya
P.O. Box 43132- 00100
Applications can be sent via the following link: www.mediacouncil.or.ke/careers. In which you are required to provide ALL relevant details by 29th September 2020.
Alternatively, candidates can send a mail attaching all documents to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details relating to the vacant position are located in our website www.mediacouncil.or.ke.
NB: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification