Living Goods is looking for an experienced Business Associate to support the bi/multilateral department. The role will be a part of our global team, supporting Kenya, Uganda, Burkina Faso, and any new countries of expansion setting up business development systems and processes and making sure they are being used and refined—this will include a process to track new funding opportunities, support in managing relationships with implementing partners and donors, and support proposal development. While contributing to the broader BD team – philanthropic fundraising teams based in Washington, DC, and San Francisco.
We are looking for someone who wants to pour their heart and soul into supporting us to identify and secure funds, primarily from bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, GAVI, Global Fund, FCDO, etc. but also from Africa-based foundations and corporations. This role will also support our program team to identify and execute opportunities to embrace traditional and non-traditional resource mobilization strategies (co-finance and another innovative financing) in order to support the organizational revenue/income growth agenda and the sector at large including leveraging resources from others (national government, implementing partners, etc.)
We are seeking a pro-active and enthusiastic candidate early in their career looking to get experience in a fast-paced health-focused organization in the changing world of international development. This position will require an exceptional eye for detail, solid writing, research and communications skills, and a willingness to work hard.
- Leading a systematic process for identifying and reporting on new funding opportunities, including initial screening for potential on a weekly basis.
- Detailed research on new & prospects bi/multilateral and corporate/foundation donors in the region.
- Detailed research on specific funding opportunities.
- Supporting in the development of presentation or specific collateral, briefing papers, etc. to inform and support meetings with potential donors or partners.
- Support in preparing notes from both internal team meetings and external meetings with donors/ partners and sharing with the bi/multi-team.
- Supporting the development and roll-out of systems and processes to support BD including standards of procedure for the proposal process, and our resource mobilization strategy.
- Supporting on organizing donor field trip visits and immersion visits for partners
- Managing Living Good’s new Customer Relationship Management (CRM), including pulling required reports as needed, tracking and supporting in maintaining relationships with implementing partners and donors, and updating meeting notes.
- Supporting the proposal process during live opportunities to develop drafts of sections, lead on concept note development as needed and collect annexes.
- Working closely with Grants and Compliance to provide general grants management support on the BD side i.e., participate in kick-off/closure meetings, upload grants documents on CRM, etc.
- Administrative support to set up meetings, book venues for training, book travel, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required and at least 2-3 years professional experience in business development/fundraising
- Some knowledge of the health and international development arena.
- Experience working with donor management and CRM software preferred.
- Experience providing support to senior executives preferred.
- Demonstrated passion for Living Goods’ mission and alignment with its values.
- Superb communication skills across all mediums that engage and inspire others.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Exceptional judgment, including a high level of discretion when handling confidential materials.
- Team player. You play well with others enjoy seeing the impact of our work as a team.
- Multitasks. You’re able to juggle multiple tasks at once while ‘staying calm and carrying on.’ You think strategically, handle ambiguity and work well in a multicultural environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and annual performance bonus pay opportunity. This is an opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.