Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
We provide all your Human Resource Services to allow you to focus on your core mandate
ANNEX NAME: PLANNING – IDIQ (SEHP)
POSITION REPORT TO: FOREMAN, CARPENTER
Under the supervision of the Foreman, the Carpenter constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard. Uses Carpenter’s hand and power tools. Conforms to Building Codes. Studies blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to the type of material required, such as lumber or fiberboard, and dimensions of the structure or fixture to be fabricated.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports to and receives assignments, instructions, and direction from the Foreman.
- Reads and interprets instructions and documentation and plans work activities.
- Performs a wide variety of carpentry-related tasks, including new construction, remodeling, renovation, and demolition.
- Prepares materials and builds and erects a broad range of structures in support of plant construction and maintenance activities.
- Selects a specified type of lumber or other materials.
- Prepares layout using ruler, framing square, string lines, and calipers.
- Marks cutting and assembly lines on materials, using pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Shapes materials to prescribed measurements, using saws, chisels, and planes.
- Verifies trueness of structures with plumb bob and carpenter’s level.
- Assembles cut and shaped materials and fasten them together with nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Erects framework for concrete foundations, assembles/ sets reinforcement bar (‘rebar”), and installs chamfer lines (or by other designated means) to confirm pour elevation of concrete.
- Erects framework for structures and lays subflooring.
- Builds stairs and lays out and installs partitions and cabinet work.
- Covers subfloor with building paper to keep out moisture and lays hardwood, parquet, and wood-strip block floors by nailing floors to subfloor or cementing them to mastic or asphalt base.
- Applies shock-absorbing, sound-deadening, and decorative paneling to ceilings and walls.
- Fits and installs prefabricated window frames, doors; doorframes, weather stripping, interior/ exterior trim, and finish hardware, such as locks, letter drops, and kick plates.
- Constructs forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Moves materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work site.
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various clean-up/housekeeping activities.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, sanitary, healthy, presentable, and professional atmosphere, free of dust, clutter, and trash in all working facilities and areas.
- Responsible for proper utilization and safeguarding of all government and contractor-provided property (e.g., including government facilities, equipment, and tools).
- Responsible for the precise execution of Company time reporting procedures and accurate completion of timesheets.
- Responsible to perform all assigned duties as safely and efficiently as possible to maintain a safe work environment.
- Observes and follow all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties and activities as directed.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS:(Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- General knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the carpentry trade.
- Must have an excellent understanding of all safety directives and policies regarding the maintenance of carpenter equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and written reference material, and follow engineering drawings, specifications, and instructions.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations, diagnose/ resolve problems and use hand and power tools.
- Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission and project requirements.
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, bending, standing, climbing, or walking.
- Must speak, read, and understand the English Language.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must have a valid Professional Driver’s License
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING:
Any Carpentry certification/s is highly desired.
- Must be at least High School, Vocational or Technical course Graduate.
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience in carpentry and formwork/ concrete construction labor
Basic terms of the job offer.
- Assignment Duration: 12 months. Renewal subject to performance and project status.
- Base Monthly Salary: 48 hours per week minimum work requirement: $510.00 (based on 48 hr. work week requirement)
- Working schedule: 48 hours per week (8 hours per day/6 days a week)
- Payroll period: Monthly. Amount give take home.
- Overtime: Work more than 8 hours per day or work performed on a rest day and/or holiday,
will be paid as overtime at the base salary rate.
- Accommodations: Housing, transportation, meals in-country, and laundry facilities are provided
- Sick Leave: Employee will accrue 2.67 hours of sick leave for each full month of service, beginning with the completion of the first full month of Foreign Service employment.
- Annual leave Up to 21 days paid at the end of each 12-month contract.
- Travel will be provided by the employer to the employee’s home country.
- Project Holidays: 10 paid holidays. New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday, President’s Day, Philippine Independence Day, USA Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
- Your Passport must be valid for at least 12 months, with at least 6 total blank visa pages remaining.
- Your driver’s license must be valid for at least 6 months (unless processing for a CDL-required position, which will require 12 months remaining).
- Updated covid vaccination certificate
- Medical exam report at a date to be advised.