The County Public Service Board of Isiolo invites applications from suitably qualified persons who wish to be considered for the position of Chief Officer.
For appointment to this position, a person should:
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Master’s degree or higher academic qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya is an added advantage
- Have at least five years relevant professional experience, in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Possess knowledge of the organization and functions of Government;
- Have thorough knowledge of the structural, legislative and regulatory framework of the Public Service;
- Have demonstrable leadership and management capacity including knowledge of financial and humanmanagement; and
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity.
The following core competencies and skills will be required for the position of Chief Officer:
- Ability to portray and uphold a positive image;
- Being a visionary result oriented strategic thinker;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
A Chief Officer will be responsible to a County Executive Committee Member in the Administration of a County Department.
He/She will be the Accounting and Authorized Officer responsible for:
- providing strategic policy direction for improved service delivery;
- developing and implementing an effective performance management system;
- developing and implementing strategic plans;
- ensuring efficient and effective use of Financial and Human Resources, management of information systems and regular financial reporting as required;
- maintaining effective collaboration and partnerships with other organs of the county, other county departments, the private sector and other stakeholders;
- providing leadership in mainstreaming Information Communication Technology in the operations of the county department;
- promoting values and principles spelt out in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya in the operations of the Department;
Terms of Service
A Chief Officer will serve on contractual term of service.
The salary and other benefits attached to this position will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificate, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
All applications should be cleared marked “Application for Position of Administration Officer II or Office Administrative Assistant IIon the envelope and should be hand delivered to our office at County Headquarters in Isiolo Town.
Posted application should be addressed to:
P. O. BOX 224 – 60300
Interested applicants are expected to get clearance from the following bodies.
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission; and
- Criminal Investigation Department (certificate of good conduct)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Commission for University Education (for holders of degrees from foreign Universities)
“Women, minorities and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply’’
All applications should reach the Board on or before 31st July, 2020.
Isiolo County public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any fee in any recruitment process at anytime.