Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Absa Bank Limited (Absa) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Africa Group Limited. Absa offers personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bancassurance.
To manage the implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of all Core Banking (Retail and corporate) Applications systems to enable the use of appropriate platform technology, as an integral and reliable component of business process within country. In-depth Knowledge of Oracle PL SQL, Oracle database/table structure, web-service/API and XML files is must. Good understanding of banking Functionalities like CASA, Retail and Corporate Loans, Fixed deposits, NEFT, RTGS, General Ledger, Year End Processing, Classification of Normal, Suspended Accounts, Inward and Outward Clearing.
Drive convergence of technologies, ensure delivery of technology projects associated with Applications and liaise and negotiate with internal customers and technology vendors.
Service (Applications) Availability. 40%
The prime responsibility is for maintaining the availability and reliability of core banking applications to ensure that IT can effectively meet service targets in accordance with planned business objectives.
- Provide a range of application availability reporting to ensure that agreed levels of availability, reliability and maintainability are measured and monitored on an ongoing basis
- Successfully facilitate delivery of changes to reports needed by the business and ensure that reports and their dependencies are made available for the business.
- Provide holistic support of application availability to Business Users
- Take actions to achieve reductions in frequency and duration of incidents that impact application availability
- Ensure shortfalls in application availability are recognized and appropriate corrective actions are identified and progressed
- Act on agreed appropriate actions with Line Management to maintain or improve application availability levels
- Initiate and coordinate actions required to maintain or improve availability of applications
- Act as a coordination point for changes to applications when needed
- Maintain an awareness of technology advancements and best practices that support application availability
- Log and monitor incidents in the Portal and ensure they are scoped for release
Change and Test Management 20%
Responsibility is to ensure that proper testing occurs for all Application changes released into the production environments as assigned to you by Line Management
- Work closely with Release Analysts
- Review releases and assign appropriate release testing tasks
- Vet & validate changes to ensure no disruption.
- Engage in changes and collaborate to deliver new requirements.
- Compile and review the Testing Deliverables
- Conduct installation procedure tests
- Participate in functional, performance, and integration testing results
- Coordinate user acceptance testing
- Coordinate back out testing
- Conduct supporting documentation review
- Compile test results
- Conduct release test review
- Coordinate post release testing
- Validate and communicate results of testing activities
Business Liaison 20%
- Point of contact for one or more business units to represent IT services.
- Identify service needs for the Business Units represented to IT
- Escalate Business unit service issues to the Service Manager
- Communicate service status on service issues to the Business Unit
- Assist in SLA negotiation efforts with Business Unit(s)
- Report on quality of services rendered to Business Unit(s)
- A fast learner keen on developing knowledge and experience in service delivery.
Risk Management 10%
- Build relationship with country Technology Risk and Compliance team and provide support wherever required.
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls, and compliance requirements.
- Devise and implement an effective plan to deliver a satisfactory risk and audit profile for Operations & IT and achieve audit and assurance targets.
People Management 10%
- Responsible for driving own Performance Development, collating relevant documentation, preparing for, and arranging reviews.
- By utilizing skills matrix, identify training and development requirements, formulating own plan to be agreed with team leader. Responsible for ensuring own plan is completed within agreed timescales.
- Undertake all necessary training to perform the role to the required standards, including gaining accreditation where appropriate.
Education and experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in (Computer Science / Information Technology)
- Oracle Database or equivalent certification
- (5) years’ experience in Core Banking system with knowledge in Oracle Flexcube
- ITIL v4 Certificate
Knowledge and skills: (Maximum of 6)
- Proficiency with Oracle & Microsoft SQL Database
- Translate Business Requirement to Tech Solutions
- Strategic Thinking
- ITIL – Governance Framework
- Communication Skill (Written and Verbal)
- Subject matter expert in Flexcube
- Ability to analyze, make decision and initiate execution
Competencies: (Maximum of 8 competencies)
- Deciding and initiating action
- Learning and researching
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Persuading and influencing
- Creating and innovating
Application Deadline – Monday 3rd April 2023