Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Equity Bank Limited (The "Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 - 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance a...
Reporting to Group Head of Digital Operations, the Performance Analyst has the responsibility of providing focus in business direction through planning and driving financial performance, business management, performance management and elaborate MI processes of the Operations business.
The role holder is also the principle point of contact with other business functions on performance related matters and projects.
The role requires the role holder to have regular contact with the Digital Operations teams on performance drivers. Tracking to proactively monitoring, analyzing and review progress against targets and making recommendations to the Group Head of Digital Operations and the wider team members. The role holder is therefore expected to have a broad knowledge of the Bank Products and financial planning, and a believer in budget and performance discipline.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- Provide comprehensive analytics and information service for Operations Management at Head Office. Buildup, maintain, and improve efficient service level related operations and processing to quality objectives.
- Selection of goals Consolidation of measurement information relevant to the organization’s progress against these goals, and Interventions made by managers in light of this information with a view to improving future performance against these goals (scorecards).
- Study of market dynamics and their impact on the Digitization, giving appropriate recommendations.
- Research and develop new performance monitoring and analytical techniques.
Time Split on Key Focus Areas.
Driving Business Direction
- Performance analyst
- Prepare and analyze data to support the Digital operations teams
- Prepare reports and tables to support decisions
- Coordinates and compiles the Digital Operations financial plans/budgets (KPI/commitments) including analytical support of the budget drivers and processes of the plans for the specific Operations businesses in liaison with the Head of Department
- Challenges Digital Operations functional budgets thereby ensuring that they are realistic and stretching and makes recommendations on Digital Operations functional targets to the Group Head of Digital Operations.
- Manages the budgets and financial performance including Income, Cost and Balance Sheet streams highlighting material variances and reporting regularly to the Group Head of Digital Operations with recommendations for timely strategic actions.
- Assists the Group Head of Digital Operations in aligning individual and team targets ensuring that the agreed individual and team targets adequately contributes to the achievement of overall business financial goals and objectives
- Generating monthly scorecards for the Digital Operations business unit
- Gather data and Evaluate/ Review to provide information to support action
- Manages the performance monitoring and tracking process of individual, and cluster teams’ progress against set targets, reporting to Group Head of Digital Operations and all other stakeholders through periodic dashboards
- Coordinates the compilation of monthly detailed Digital Operations performance pack and monthly performance dashboard providing explanations to team members on the basis of compilation for transparency and objectivity in performance measurement, necessary for team buy-in and motivation
- Constructively challenges monthly results and forecasts for business areas and Finance Reporting. Assisting in identifying value adding initiatives to improve on performance
- Works closely with the Group Head of Digital Operations, unit teams to drive and deliver performance across business
- Guiding and influencing the wider team members involved in MI processes and compilation on effective and efficient methodologies of data collation and processing and analysis
- Promote team work in delivering performance by designing performance measurement processes that recognizes performance both at individual and team levels
- Analytical thinking and judgment.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- IT Confidence, especially using Macros and Spreadsheets. High competency in Excel spreadsheets
- High competency with the MS Office Suit – Word, Excel (advanced), PowerPoint
- Change, financial and business management.
- Information gathering.
- A thorough understanding of the concept of the Balanced Scorecard.
- Strength in advanced mail-merging techniques – due to the power of personalized communication (enhanced focus).
- Managing relationships
- Business aware & proactive
- Strong business communication and Presentation skills
- Effective planner and ability to prioritize workloads
- Report Writing
Knowledge and Expertise
The jobholder will require a wide range of knowledge to effectively perform the role including:
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Strong business planning and financial management skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines without compromising accuracy.
- Appreciation of corporate business risk profile.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of performance dynamics management processes and techniques.
- Understanding of the domestic economic and industry trends
- Experience in and/or understanding of Financial Services environment (e.g. Equity Bank Financial Reporting framework and/or experience of managing P&L and Balance Sheet performance.
- Experience in and/or understanding of Banking Operations with good understanding of the bank products, pricing structures and relationship management.
- Experience in financial and business analysis and management and general awareness of the Kenyan economic landscape and how this affects Bank business.
- Graduate with university degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Business (preferably finance or accounting), Engineering, Computer Science – minimum second class honors, upper division (candidates with first class honors degree is will have an added advantage).
- Other relevant professional qualification is a plus.