Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital (MTRH) was started in 1916 with a bed capacity of 60 to cater for the Africans Health Needs. It later served as a District Hospital before attaining referral status vide Legal Notice No. 98 of 12th June 1998 of the State Corporations Act (Cap 446). Currently, the Hospital serves as a level six Hospital offering outpatient, ...
REF: MTRH/HR/02/01/ 2021
An officer at this level will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
Director, Commercial Services role is to add value to MTRH's growth activities by identifying new commercial opportunities and managing marketing efforts. Will keep abreast of market trends and dynamics to provide strategic advice to Top Management.
An excellent Director, Commercial Services will have an entrepreneurial mindset and great leadership skills. The ideal candidate will also be a creative strategist with excellent organizational abilities.
The goal is to promote and expand the Hospital's commercial activities that will generate revenue and lead to sustainable growth.
Responsibilities of Director, Commercial Services include;
- Developing and implementing the Commercial Services Strategy for the Hospital. The Directorate for the time being consist of the following Departments: Private Wing I, Private Wing II, Farewell Home and Resource Mobilization.
- Understanding the value drivers of the business and identifying profitable commercial opportunities to grow revenue and market share.
- Developing and maintaining an excellent understanding of the Clients to ensure that their needs are being met.
- Resource Mobilization locally and internationally.
- Undertaking Market Research and Analysis and producing BusinessPlans/Recommendations (including all associated costs and forecasted revenue for the business), to ensure that all business development opportunities (new products, services and markets) are optimized.
- Championing and leading each new product or service development, from
- innovation through to successful implementation.
- Ensuring that regular reviews are carried out with customers, to ascertain their needs are met and that excellent customer service is achieved and, developing future improvements/services for the customers.
- Develop and implement the Hospital Fundraising Strategy and manage relationships with Partners and Investors.
- Put in place mechanism for continued Monitoring and Evaluation of Resource Mobilization Initiatives.
- Support the rest of the Hospital with Revenues for sustained Health Service Delivery.
- Liaising with relevant Directorates/Departments to ensure that customer needs are met and that customer requirements are fully communicated.
- Maintaining an awareness of external factors (including competitors, government policies/regulations/laws,) which could impact the Directorate; Communicating such information and any subsequent changes/mitigating strategies to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Ensuring that all commercial activities meet or improve on budget, cost, volume and efficiency targets (Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)) in line with Objectives of the Directorate.
- Develop and implement Commercial Strategies according to Hospital Mandate aiming at accelerating growth.
- To be accountable for delivery against agreed financial and service targets and for the effectiveness and efficiency of the Directorate.
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with stakeholders.
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for the Chief Executive Officer on a Quarterly basis.
- Promote a culture of pro-activity, innovation, transparency and collaboration in the Directorate.
- Promote Operational Research Activities within the Directorate.
- Oversee the implementation of Quality Assurance, Quality Management Systems and other ISO Standards the Hospital will implement.
- Ensure the Implementation of Performance Contracts and Rapid Results Initiatives within the Directorate.
- Ensure the Implementation of MTRH 2017-2022 Strategy through Annual Workplans (Directorate, Departmental and Individual Workplans).
- Establish external and internal benchmarks and appropriate KPIs as the basis for demonstrating the quality of Commercial Services provided.
- Approve procurement requests up-to a limit of Kshs 500,000 per request as per the Supplies Manual.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: -
- Masters in Business Management, Business Administration (MBA)- Accounting or Strategic Management option or any other approved equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines; Business Management,
- Entrepreneurship, Commerce (Marketing Option), Business Administration (Finance or Marketing Option), or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Must have served for at least ten (10) years in a reputable organization in a Senior Management position.
- Business experience of at least three (3) years leading a Directorate or its equivalent with a turnover of Ksh one (1) Billion and above in a year.
- Membership to a relevant professional body with 2020 license and in good standing.
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Must have attended Corporate Governance course lasting at least five (5) days or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
- Proven experience as commercial director or other relevant role.
- Proven experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationship with key clients.
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis.
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial budgeting processes.
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- A proven track record of accomplishment in Operations Management and Human Resource Management at a senior level.
- A proven track record of Senior Management in retail or other commercial activity with specific profit and loss responsibility.
- Proven experience of writing, managing and monitoring strategic plans and reports.
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit and proven track record in income generation, with the capacity and drive to deliver fresh opportunities.
- Highly organised and flexible in approach.
- Approachable, inspirational and supportive, with the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Strong supplier/contractor management and negotiation skills.
- Strong IT skills — MS Office, database skills etc.
- Proven ability to think and act strategically and to develop and implement practical and effective procedures.
- Very strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent team-working skills.
- Resource management skills.
- Managing performance and driving for outcomes.
- Establishing strategic directions.
- Visionary/Leading change.
- Policy development.
- Influencing persuasion and negotiation. vii. Effective communication skills.
- Policy and strategic implementation. ix. Delivery of quality results.
- Risk management.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills
In addition, all applicants MUST attach the following valid documents;
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Compliance Certificate
- Higher Education Loan Board (HELB) Certificate
- Police Clearance Certificate.
- CRB — Credit Reference Bureau Certificate
- Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Clearance
SALARY ATTACHED TO SCALE:
MTRH 3: Ksh 193,368 x 14,284 — 208,157 x 14,788 — 222,948 x 15,292— 238,240 x 15,796 — 254,036 x 16,302 — 270,338 x 16,805 -28
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to send their applications, Curriculum Vitae, copies of Certificates and Testimonials, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees, two of whom must be from your profession to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 29th January, 2021 not later than 5.00 PM.
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Persons with Disability (PWDs) and other Minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interview.