inSupply Health Ltd. is an independent, regional advisory firm based in Nairobi that is pioneering new approaches to improve public health supply chains in East Africa. Drawing on the experience of our John Snow Inc. (JSI) affiliation, our dynamic team of local consultants works closely with public and private sector clients to design optimized, customized and resilient supply chain systems. inSupply Health Ltd. deploys systems that deliver essential health products such as antimalarial and HIV medications, vaccines and contraceptives in complex settings. We take proven methodologies from the commercial sector and adapt them to local conditions. We involve our clients closely in shaping their supply chains so they can own, implement and continuously improve their systems over the long term. inSupply Health Ltd. specialize in: developing supply chain maturity strategies, building organizational capacity for supply chains, designing and implementing data-driven, optimized supply chain systems and quantifying health commodity needs. inSupply Health Ltd. does not just help our clients select the right technology for better supply chain management. We also invest in people and processes, helping to build a culture of data use and continuous improvement.
The driver will be responsible for running both operational and program related duties with efficiency while ensuring compliance to the JSI/ inSupply Health policies and procedures. He/she will report to the Grants and Operations Specialist.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving staff to various destinations as per the transport schedule while complying with the vehicle policy.
- Provide transport to JSI/ inSupply staff to and from meetings, field visits whilst ensuring quality, courteous, and efficient services and safe driving for all vehicle occupants.
- Collect and deliver mail, packages, equipment; and maintain records of all deliveries and distributions.
- Ensuring copies of daily mileage logs are readily available and correctly filled in on the vehicle log sheet.
- Deliver letters and cheques to grantees, suppliers and service providers when required.
- Ensure the organization vehicle is parked in a safe & secure place, properly locked and the keys stored in the office for safety purposes.
- Ensure that only authorized passengers are carried in the vehicle as per the organizational policy.
- Vehicle maintenance
- Maintain high cleanness of the assigned vehicle and regularly check vehicles body dents, damages and report any other irregularities.
- Comply with traffic rules & procedures, and drive the vehicle within the recommended speed limit and ensure the vehicle has valid insurance stickers on the windscreen.
- Ensure the vehicle fire extinguishers and first Aid kits are in good condition, and the vehicle is serviced regularly and clean at all times.
- Ensure sound running of the vehicles assigned and arrange minor repairs where necessary.
- Reporting an Incident
- In case of any accident, report immediately to the police station and your supervisor.
- Do not accept liability on behalf of inSupply Health Ltd.
- Present a comprehensive report to the management within 24 hours.
- In case of an attack staff security becomes a priority.
- Admin and Operations
- Banking - Deposit and collect cash / cheques from the bank when assigned to and perform any other banking duties as required by Finance.
- Support finance and admin department on logistical tasks on need basis.
- Act as the organization’s receptionist and assist with meeting room re-arrangement for various meetings/events while also performing occasional handyman jobs inside the Office.
- Maintain positive, clear and proactive communication with the finance and admin team, raising issues and solving problems collaboratively, and highlighting risks when relevant
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
inSupply Health Ltd. is seeking a Kenyan candidate who is interested. Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Kenyan national with fluency in English and Swahili
- Level of education- Diploma is required.
- Basic computer skills required
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience.
- A valid certificate of good conduct.
- Possess a BCE/ABCE valid driver’s license.
- Ability to utilize maps, GPS systems, and car manuals.
- Punctual, flexible, and reliable.
- Working knowledge of local routes and roads.
- Sound knowledge of road safety and regulations.
- Vehicle mechanic course will be an added advantage.
This is a full-time job based in Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel within the country. Interested candidates should submit their CV’s and cover letter to email@example.com, with the subject “Driver” on or before the 9th of December 2020.