Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
MÃ©decins sans frontiÃ¨res (MSF) or Doctors Without Borders, is an international humanitarian-aid non-governmental organization (NGO) and Nobel Peace Prize laureate, best known for its projects in war-torn regions and developing countries facing endemic diseases.
Objective of the Position:
Execute the task of transporting goods and authorized people in an MSF vehicle, making sure to respect the technical and safety conditions, the country's highway code and MSF's safety rules, in order to provide a service safe, trouble-free and efficient.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Every day, check the technical condition of the assigned vehicle (condition of tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), carry out weekly checks according to the MSF logbook, make the necessary fillings and keep the vehicle clean to ensure that it can be driven in perfect conditions. Make a handover with the following driver when applicable.
- Ensure the safety of the passengers in the vehicle, drive carefully, observe the speed limits and driving rules of the country and the safety rules of MSF, in order to avoid car accidents.
- Ensure that all passengers have the necessary documents before setting off and ensure that non-MSF personnel sign the appropriate liability waivers before using the vehicle.
- Ensure the correct loading and unloading of the vehicle and in particular, deliver the documents to the recipient of the goods, check the status of the delivered goods, return the duly completed documents to the logistics services, ensure that the goods are accompanied by the necessary documents.
- Ensure that all vehicle documents and the driver's license are valid and are in the vehicle.
- Ensure that the vehicle is still in good condition following the instructions and guidelines in the logbook and make a handover / trade-in if someone else uses the vehicle.
- Inform the line manager of any incident relating to the transport of passengers or goods.
- Know how to use all types of radio, know by heart the codes, call numbers and radio alphabet and communicate with the base according to MSF communication policies in order to inform of the location of the driver and the possible implications.
- Know and respect the safety rules relating to the movement of vehicles, and particularly those concerning customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensure that all passengers know and follow the safety rules.
- Participate on Job trainings organized by Joint Mechanical workshop.
- Perform Bi-weekly checks of the vehicle at the assigned MSF premiss as per MSF Logbooks
- Cleaning/washing of the assigned vehicle
- Essential High School Certificate and relevant training and skills
MUST possess a valid Kenyan driving license
- Desirable at least 2 years of driving experience preferably with MSF or other NGOs
- Preferably experience with the vehicles to be used (4X4, Landcruiser’s etc.) and Knowledge of basic mechanics desirable
Languages: Knowledge of English and Kiswahili
Applicants MUST be Kenyan nationals and have the necessary statutory documents (ID, NSSF, NHIF and a PIN certificate).
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae as a single file mentioning on the subject line “Hygiene Agent” to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop a physical application to MSF Dandora/ Mathare clinic