Job Description Summary
The EHS Manager, Environment & ESG Reporting has two primary focus areas – supporting environmental risk management and coordinating ESG engagement. You will work to maintain compliance, execute environmental programs, reduce risk and deliver EHS excellence at GEHC’s operations, with focus in Environmental Programs. The role also has primary responsibility for GEHC’s Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) external engagement and reporting. They are responsible for engaging a cross-functional team to create, drive, and publish metrics and performance on ESG and sustainable development issues across GE Healthcare.
- Manage ESG reporting for GE Healthcare – respond to internal and external requests for information, support commercial teams by providing ESG information for customer tenders, and curate the businesses ESG messaging and supplemental information.
- Lead the roll-up of greenhouse gas data for the business for tracking, trending, and reporting purposes. Coach organizations through quarterly reporting, aggregate the data, work with corporate to roll-up to the GE level, and provide data governance oversight.
- Assess emerging regulatory and ESG program trends and evolve programs to meet external stakeholder expectations.
- Work with the frontline teams to drive programs to reduce GE Healthcare’s environmental footprint.
- Responsible for compliance throughout the region, specifically in the areas of general environmental risks while supporting other EHS programs at fixed facilities, service operations, and offices.
- Identify, eliminate and/or mitigate EHS risks, particularly in Environmental program areas.
- Engage and leverage the Global Environmental and Governance teams in the development of proactive solutions necessary to reduce future risk.
- Remains current with and/or develops understanding necessary of regional environmental regulations and GEHC EHS programs specific to assigned priorities or job scope.
- Participates in EHS audits of GEHC sites and service organizations.
- Supports all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Environmental or sustainability discipline with multiple years of EHS or sustainability experience
- Multiple years of experience leading projects & performance initiatives
- Experience with environmental compliance in Europe
- Experience working with greenhouse gas data
- Ability to communicate using English
- Ability to travel 25% of time
- Demonstrated ability to organize, motivate and lead teams, drive change and interact cross functionally.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, influence and motivate diverse teams to achieve a unified goal
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization as well as organizations outside GE (customers and regulatory agencies)
- Demonstrated ability to work with and relate to all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to influence global; working with GE’s external commercial customers
- Ability to work with and communicate with GE Healthcare’s external commercial customers on sustainability and ESG globally
- Familiarity with TCFD, GHG Protocol, UN SDGs, GRI, SASB
- Experience with SoFi Sephera environmental sustainability software
- Strong understanding of legal requirements associated with Environmental issues
- Excellent written, verbal, and influencing skills
- High say/do ratio
- Ability to nurture innovation and creativity
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of GE’s EHS programs and policies
A good level of English and an EU Work Permit
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.