The Public Service Commission is inviting Applications from qualified persons for the positions: Foreign Service Cadet – 100 Positions in The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs.
The 100 open positions are in the following fields:
- International Relations – 10 Positions;
- Law – (International Law, International Treaties and Convention, International Trade, Conveyancing) -10 Positions;
- Economics/Business Studies – 10;
- History/Philosophy – 10 Positions;
- Development Studies – 10 Positions;
- Gender Studies- 10 Positions;
- Sociology – 10 Positions;
- Journalism/Literature – 10 Positions;
- Linguistics (United Nations Languages – French, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Russian) – 10 Positions;
- Political Science – 10 Positions;
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.31,270 – 41,260 p.m. (CSG11)
House Allowance: Ksh.4,200 – 10,000 p.m. (Depending on duty station)
Commuter Allowance: Ksh.4,000 p.m.
Leave Allowance: As existing in the Civil Service
Annual Leave: 30 working days per financial year
Medical Cover: As provided by the government
Terms of Service Permanent and Pensionable
Requirements for the Position
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:-
- have a Bachelors Degree in any of the following fields:
- International Relations;
- Law (International Law, International Treaties and Convention, International Trade, Conveyancing);
- Economics/Business Studies;
- Development Studies;
- Linguistics (United Nations Languages – French, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Russian);
- Political Science;
- Gender Studies;
- Sociology and Journalism/Literature from a university recognized in Kenya
- possess good communications skills; and
- be results oriented and committed to continuous learning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This is an entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will be considered to be on-the job training. During the period, the officer will undertake the Foreign Service Entry Course at the Foreign Service Institute lasting not less than three (3) months. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- participating in and reporting on meetings with foreign diplomats and/or dignitaries and preparing reports;
- undertaking guided research on foreign services issues;
- drafting briefs, speeches and diplomatic notes and messages; and
- performing general protocol duties
Interested and qualified persons are required to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke
Note to Applicants :
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- The commission will Only contact shortlisted and successful candidates.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with
THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION ENCOURAGES PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 22nd November 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).
Interested and qualified? Go to Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK) on www.psckjobs.go.ke