Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Dalberg is committed to global development and innovation, and offers a variety of advisory services across the international development sector. Comprised of Dalberg Global Development Advisors, D. Capital & Dalberg Research, our platform provides high-level strategic, policy and investment advice to the leadership of key institutions, corporations and ...
GLOBAL BD SENIOR ASSOCIATE ROLE
The Global Business Development (BD) Senior Associate will take a lead role in running our tender process, and managing, coordinating and writing successful business proposals in the field of social impact and international development. These proposals provide an introduction to Dalberg and its qualifications for taking on the work (relevant project history and expertise), as well as a proposed approach to the work.
In cooperation with the other members of the Knowledge Management (KM) team, the Global BD Senior Associate will support, maintain and improve Dalberg’s BD processes and systems.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications, Marketing, Public Policy, International Development or other relevant field from a top university or the equivalent’s worth of work experience
- Successful track record managing the capture and proposal process and authoring sections of proposals
- Proven ability to develop original text and also to re-purpose and edit written materials
- Experience working in international development business development processes/tenders
- Exceptional ability to understand and communicate complex information, and to conceptualize and produce strong, clean and compelling written materials
- Demonstrated managerial, administrative, analytical, and decision-making abilities
- Demonstrated ability to identify priority actions and generate and complete work plans within short time frames
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively in teams
- Must be innovative in problem solving and resourceful in finding information
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Attention to detail, accuracy and strong time management skills
- Ability to rapidly create text, spreadsheets, bios, qualifications and other types of documents to meet specific proposal requirements
- Experienced in formatting documents
- Strong proficiency with MS Office and collaboration products
- Experience in the following technical sectors: agriculture, energy, economic growth, financial inclusion, health, impact investing, education, democracy, rights and governance, and gender, among others
- Familiarity with public tendering processes and end to end management of proposals with USAID, United Nations and the World Bank Group among others
Note: Employment in all the Dalberg offices is conditional on the candidate having or independently obtaining the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
- Overseeing our tender search process, maintaining existing sources of proposals and RFP sites and identifying new ones, managing portal renewals and log-ins to submit proposals
- Leading large-scale and long-term proposal efforts with key clients, in coordination with Dalberg teams across the globe
- Developing proposal compliance templates and boiler plate language to address common BD regulatory questions asked by our (potential) clients
- Collecting feedback from our client through surveys and reference letters, and capturing insights into internal reports
- Developing pitch decks in collaboration with Practices and KM
- Developing first draft of complete technical and financial proposals for large public tenders with UN, US government and other public agencies
- Maintaining our list of existing Long Term Agreements and other contracting mechanisms, and supporting the creation of new ones
- Writing and coordinating the publication of key external reports, such as Dalberg Annual Report, ESG report to showcase our commitments and lenses, and UNGC annual submission
- Organizing conferences / BD events, in coordination with Global Communications and Regional Chiefs of Staffs
- Global BD support and maintenance of FAQ on our Intranet
ABOUT OUR CLIENTS
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency.