Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
CrossBoundary is a mission driven investment firm committed to unlocking the power of capital to make a strong return while creating a lasting difference in frontier markets.
CrossBoundary is recruiting a full time Principal to lead our growing Healthcare Advisory Practice. We are seeking candidates with 9+ years of relevant experience working in healthcare sector financing and strategy across underserved markets.
CrossBoundary is not a development firm and is not seeking typical development skills. As the Global Head of Healthcare Advisory, you will oversee all aspects of this practice including business development, project execution, hiring and staffing, P&L management and building of a brand, alongside involvement in broader firm leadership activities. CrossBoundary is seeking investment professionals with deep technical expertise and relationships, and a track record of originating and closing healthcare transaction in our markets. Experience and background in developing countries will be regarded favorably.
As the leader of the healthcare team you will actively contribute to ongoing client engagements across the healthcare sector. Examples of our work include structuring blended financing solutions for healthcare investments, supporting innovative companies in their capital raising process, and assessing new markets and client segments for investors and growing companies across the sector.
Who We Are
The CrossBoundary team is a unique group made up of people who are genuinely excited by the opportunity to make a difference in some of the most challenging yet exciting markets in the world. Team members come from diverse backgrounds but share several qualities: curiosity, humility, integrity, a drive for excellence, and a bias for action.
- Lead a team of investment professionals, maintaining responsibility for hiring, capacity building, performance management, and general team leadership duties
- Lead business development across multiple channels, including private commercial opportunities and government/donor-sponsored opportunities
- Provide continuous client coverage of private capital investors, development finance institutions (DFIs), corporates ranging from SMEs to MNCs, and other relevant organizations to proactively identify advisory opportunities
- Manage relationships with key CrossBoundary clients, such as USAID; provide strategic input into program design and oversee mandate execution and reporting
- Provide deal and project leadership and execution oversight to a wide range of transaction-related advisory engagement:
- Investment target identification and screening
- Investor identification and relationship building
- Detailed commercial due diligence/vendor due diligence
- Development and/or review of robust, multi-faceted corporate and/or project finance models, as well as models used for valuations analysis, market sizing, etc.
- Development of investment memoranda and teasers
- Recommendations on optimal transaction structures based upon near-, medium- and long-term company strategic objectives and capitalization parameters, available instruments, and investor preferences
- Market assessment and ongoing market analysis
- Blended and innovative finance structuring, with an emphasis on health outcome achievement
- Lead brand-building by driving team participation at conferences and on panel discussions, developing thought leadership pieces, and other involvement in relevant initiatives that help grow our visibility
- Degree in Business Administration or Finance or other relevant advanced degree preferred (extensive relevant experience may be accepted as equivalent)
- 7+ years of relevant experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, or similar, with a particular focus on healthcare
- Experience living and/or working in underserved markets required
- Exceptional management skills with an ability to serve as a coach and mentor to the team; can lead teams to results in challenging circumstances
- High tolerance for ambiguity; ability to operate effectively through friction and opacity
- Experience sourcing, advising on, and closing transactions in the healthcare sector
- Great at building and maintaining relationships with colleagues and clients in the healthcare sector
- Knowledge of corporate finance and project finance and familiarity with M&A processes, company evaluation, and valuation techniques
- Knowledge of the global health financing ecosystem, and experience working with international organizations and government counterparts
- Excellent quantitative skills and analytical abilities: can think clearly, structure problems logically, and then design and implement solutions that focus on the core issues
- Superb presentation skills: ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders (including private equity firms, Development Finance Institutions, and development agencies) to support investments in high impact sectors
- Self-starter who is humble and passionate about creating lasting change in underserved markets
- Enthusiastic about working, traveling, and living in sometimes challenging environments
- Understanding of project management principles and able to manage complex combinations of concurrent workstreams
- Fluent in English. French skills beneficiary but not required