THE OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The overall objective of this assignment is to carry out a needs assessment for Homa Bay County and identify the existing needs that hinders the achievement of land security of tenure in the county and develop a comprehensive capacity building plan for addressing the identified needs.
The specific objectives for this assignment include:
- To identify all gaps/needs hindering the land titling and security of tenure advocacy in Homa Bay County.
- To assess the skills and knowledge of staff, decision makers that could promote or hinder the security of land tenure in Homa Bay County.
- To identify and assess the existence of laws and policies that promote land security of tenure, information management system and digitization of titling.
- Develop a capacity building plan for addressing the identified needs.
SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
This assignment will be limited to the needs assessment of Homa bay county’s capacity to handle land security of tenure in regard to land information management system, titling digitization and the ability to provide title deeds efficiently to the residents for enhanced security of tenure. The consultant will seek to identify the existing gaps and hindrances that could be addressed to achieve security of tenure in the county. The final report should include detailed description of the prevailing situation at the county’s land department and in relation to other departments within the county not forgetting the budget allocation, policies and capacity of staff to implement the digitized systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The consultant will:
- Identify the existing relevant requirements for achievement of land security of tenure including digital records, land management information system and assess their efficiency.
- Assess the existence of laws and policies that relates to land security of tenure and land information management system in the county.
- Identify all the gaps in the land department that could hinder the issuance of land title deeds.
- Conduct a SWOT analysis of the county’s land security of tenure management process.
- Assess the county’s engagement with the civil society organizations on land security of tenure.
- Assess the budget allocation trends for the lands department and verify availability of funds for land management information system and digitization of titling processes.
- Produce a comprehensive final report on the needs assessment with key recommendations.
- Assess the understanding of policy makers on issues of land security of tenure and land information management system.
- Assess the capacity of staff to effectively issue title deeds and manage land information management system.
- Assess the compliance levels of the county to the requirements of the national government on land policies, titling and other procedures.
- Identify areas where the county needs support and capacity building for them to achieve security of land tenure.
- Develop a capacity building plan based on the identified needs.
Habitat for Humanity Kenya will:
- Provide all necessary logistics for the assignment like letters of introduction where necessary.
- Provide all relevant documents that may be required by the consultant.
- Organize validation meeting.
The consultants should provide a technical proposal and work plan explain how they would wish to about the assignment inclusive of field work, validation meeting, report writing and presentation distributed in number of days.
The suitable Consultant/s must have the following.
- Master degree or its equivalent in Law, Development Studies, Communication, Public Health, Social Sciences, or any other related field with at least 5 years of experience in working in the land titling and advocacy for security of tenure.
- Proven experience in policy analysis and review.
- Ability to produce well-written reports, exhibiting excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Should have good verbal, analytical, writing, and computer literacy skills.
The application is open to individual consultants or firms. Applicants must provide:
A proposal clearly showing the following:
- Approach and methodology for meeting the objectives of this assignment.
- Proposed Number of days it would take to complete this assignment.
- Financial proposition showing all the expenses, inclusive of 5% withholding Tax.
- A detailed CV and professional background relevant to the assignment
- Firms are required to provide their company profile
Applications should be submitted to:
The Procurement Officer.
Habitat for Humanity Kenya,
CVS Plaza, Kasuku lane, Nairobi, Kenya
office: +254 101 454 380 • 020 2572812
Deadline: 10th February 2023