Duties and responsibilities
The position holder will report to the Director Administration and Human Resource and will be charged with:
- Coordinating NMK annual performance contracting process at all stages including setting targets, signing of performance contracts, collection of data, quarterly and annual reporting
- Coordinating development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation NMK strategic plan
- Coordinating planning function including annual work plans in accordance with the strategic plan and other guidelines issued from time to time
- Coordinating NMK budgeting process and organizing mid-term review
- Continuous review of quality management systems to ensure continuous improvement of NMK services
- Any other relevant duties as assigned from time to time.
For appointment to this position, an officer must;
- Have at least a masters degree from a recognised university in Social Sciences, Project Management, or relevant subject
- Have demonstrable experience of designing, monitoring and evaluation tools, surveys and evaluations
- Have served at senior level management position in a reputable organization for at least five years
- Have strong interpersonal skills and managerial capacity
- Have experience in technical report writing
- Have a strong leadership, strategic planning and management skills
- Have shown ability and merit in job performance
- Be computer literate
Salary and benefits attached to the position:
- Basic salary scale: 89,094-123,790; entry scale 89,094
- Outpatient medical allowance: 2,000
- Leave allowance: 12,000
- House allowance: 45,000
- Commuter allowance: 12,000
- Entertainment allowance: 3,500
- Responsibility allowance: 8,000
- Inpatient medical: The position holder will be entitled to inpatient medical benefits as per the existing inpatient medical scheme to cover him/her, the spouse and four children under the age of 25 years.
Duty station: Head of Planning and Strategy Department will be based at NMK headquarters in Nairobi.
Terms of service: Three (3) years renewable contract based on performance.
Qualified and interested applicants may apply enclosing a detailed resume, certified copy of current pay slip, certified copies of academic and professional certificates plus testimonials, names and addresses of 3 referees (including their telephone contacts and emails). The applications should be addressed to:
National Museums of Kenya,
P.O. Box 40658-00100,
so as to be received not later than 16th April, 2021.
Applicants are required to submit their applications alongside clearances from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, Kenya Revenue Authority, Directorate of Criminal Investigation, Credit Reference Bureau and Higher Education Loans Board.
“NMK is an equal opportunities employer”.