NB: The role has been upgraded, if you applied for the HR Assistant role previously advertised, you do not have to apply again, we will consider the application previously submitted.
Reporting to the HR Manager, the Human Resource Officer based in Nairobi will be responsible for performing administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organizations human resource department and supporting the implementation of policies, procedures and strategies of the HR Department.
The role will be responsible for effective support to Human Resource operations, staff benefits administration, recruitment and selection, Human Resources Data Management, Payroll processing and Work permit, special pass and VISA Processing; Among other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
ROLES AND RESPOSIBILITIES
HR Operational support (30%)
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations and CARE policies and flag and address non-compliance
- Submission of regular statutory returns and reports
- Maintain HR Service standards and update processes for efficient service delivery
- Maintain and update HR Calendar and send out reminders to concerned parties
- Prepare HR documentation and reports relating to HR processes and staff benefits
- Responsible for drafting and updating HR Template documents
- Support line managers on tracking probation periods and follow-up on confirmation forms
- Prepare summary of performance management data for analysis
- Responsible for collating training and development needs identified by CARE Kenya staff
- Monthly tracking of the completion of the Personal Activity Reports status and escalate exceptions to the HR Manager on a timely basis
- Liaise with IT to ensure timely deactivation of staff in all systems upon exit.
Benefits administration (15%)
- Enroll staff and declared beneficiaries on medical, GPA/GLA upon on the first day upon reporting and ensure they are aware of the entitlements / services provided and issued with medical cards.
- Ensure timely deactivation of staff from all insurances- Medical, GPA. GLA upon exit of staff
- Follow up with insurance providers on claims and that reimbursements are released to the members
- Periodically participate in staff salary and benefit surveys and follow-up on reports for CARE Kenya
- Keep an accurate account of leave utilization and flag concerns to the HR Manager
- Prepare quarterly leave reports and reconciliation and submit to managers
Human Resource Data Management (20%)
- Create, update and maintain HR and staff records both physical and digital files
- Manage staff documentation processes on entry and exit
- Enrolling and training staff users on the HRIS navigation and usage
- Termination of users from systems upon exit
- Monitor existing term contracts and timely inform the HR Manager
Recruitment and selection (20%)
- Uploading job adverts in relevant websites and/or liaise with Procurement for newspaper adverts
- Coordinate all recruitment logistics such as scheduling interviews, preparation of appropriate interview documents and liaising with candidates, HR Manager and the recruiting manager
- Conduct interviews for delegated recruitment
- Conduct reference checks for selected candidates;
- Inform job applicants on status of their application;
- Maintain tracking system and full documentation of recruitment processes
- Coordinate effective implementation of new staff orientation and onboarding processes
- Send regret letters to interview candidates who were unsuccessful in the selection process
Work Permit, Special pass and VISA Processing (5%)
- Support non-citizen/expatriate staff process their visas, work permits and/or special pass documentation
- Keep track of all visas, work permit and special passes and share information with all concerned parties
- Keep abreast with changes in processes at the Ministry or Foreign Affairs and Immigration and provide timely advise to the HR Manager and concerned parties
- Prepare invite letters and visa letters as per request
- Ensure that staff travelling have adequate insurance covers including travel insurances
Payroll processing (10%)
- Monthly update payroll accountant on staff movement (New staff, deductions, revisions, allowances, separations)
- Submit new employees’ contract details to finance for payroll processing
- Liaise with payroll accountant on benefits data for final dues processing
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or similar field from a recognized institution
- Possess a Professional Qualification in Human Resource Management and be a member in good standing of Institute of Human Resources Management Kenya.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in general HR management in a similar role. Previous work experience with an international NGO is an advantage.
- Familiarity with Kenya Employment Act and other labor related laws/Acts
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, coupled with the professional credibility required to influence and motivate others to achieve results
- Demonstrate high integrity and maintained of strict confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and ability to use the internet to obtain data and reference materials.
- Proven ability to plan, organize and prioritize work, together with the ability to remain calm under pressure often in difficult circumstances and not lose sight of operational priorities.
- Competence in numeracy is essential.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
- Customer centric attitude with strong process management skills
This role is expected to establish and maintain open, professional, and cordial relations with the COs internal and external customers. These include and not limited to:
Internal: All staff, line managers
External: Government agencies/ HR Service providers
Deadline to receive all applications will be on or before 14th July 2021, at 5.00 P.M EAT. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
CARE does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. CARE has a commitment to gender, equity and diversity in our workplace and operations. CARE respects and values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexuality, ethnicity, age, disability, religion or politics. This is reflected in our recruitment decisions which are made entirely through a transparent, merit-based selection process. All CARE staffs are required to comply with the Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and Child Protection (CP) policies.