We believe that the transition to renewable energy and organic farming is crucial to protect our planet, and maintain a peaceful world for our generation and those to come. Sistema.bio promotes a world where waste is a resource, and farmers are empowered and productive.
We are a leading social enterprise operating in Latin America, India, and Africa. We provide farmers with financing to access waste-to-energy technology that is easy to install and maintain, includes great after-sales service and a 10 years warranty. We manufacture, sell, install and finance our patented biodigester systems for small and medium scale farmers to convert their waste into economic, health and environmental benefits.
You can be a part of this impact story!
Who is the Innovation Project Manager at Sistema.bio?
Reporting to the Managing Director - East Africa, you will be responsible for managing strategic projects with internal and external stakeholders that range from commercial growth to customer success, training, and process optimization.
You’ll be in charge of:
- Critically analyzing the business strategy and operations to identify gaps, risks, and proposing solutions
- Strategically prioritizing an existing pipeline of ideas, project manage them from design to pilot, iteration and implementation
- Trouble-shooting challenges through internal interviews, data, external benchmarks, and compiling suggestions to solve the problems
- Setting up pilot projects for new ideas that can scale. This includes creating training content, frameworks, rubrics, and other documents that will be used.
- Working as the right hand to the Managing Director and in collaboration with peers on diverse, cross-functional projects, ensuring they remain on track, on budget, with clear and regular communication to stakeholders
More about YOU
- BA/BS degree required.
- 6-10 years of experience including 2-3 years in management consulting or in a similar role at a fast-paced organization
- Good analytical abilities i.e. quantitative and qualitative: ability to perform advanced analysis in excel and produce high-quality written materials, including presentations as well as text documents
- Proven experience with launching new initiatives in previous roles with a collaborative approach to liaise with internal and external stakeholders with credibility and diplomacy
- Good time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles, and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully, and to work on tight deadlines
What it is like to work at Sistema.bio
- Entrepreneurial culture: Your ideas matter. We believe in empowering people to own their projects and be able to take responsibility for them
- Passion and purpose: Working at Sistema.bio, you will work with a very passionate team that believes strongly in working for the social and environmental impact they want
- A growing team with growing opportunities: Sistema.bio is on its way to double in size in the coming years. This growth will open new roles, new countries and a world of new opportunities! We have a roll-up-your-sleeves culture where we offer new opportunities for our team members’ careers and aspirations based on their skills, interests and aspirations.
- Time in the field with the small and medium-scale farmers: At Sistema.bio, we are passionate about understanding and serving our customers: small and medium-scale farmers. Working with Sistema.bio, we will make sure that regardless of your background, you get to spend time in the field with farmers and genuinely understand their challenges and their everyday concerns.
- We care about your career progression: We have a strong culture of training and investing in developing our people. As a Sistema.bio employee, you will have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to training programs, and clear tracking of your performance and career development twice a year.
- Work-life balance: At Sistema.bio, we know you are at your best when you are rested and healthy. We therefore give you generous holidays options, parental leave, we pay for your health protection and give you options to work remotely when needed and possible.
- Gender Equality: Sistema.bio is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Thanks to our Gender policies and efforts women represent 57% of the Global team for example, and 27% of our overall workforce. We have flexible hours and expressing spaces for lactating mothers.
We're excited to hear from you and your expectations for this role. Kindly prepare a one-page motivation letter that answers the following questions (only candidates who have answered these two questions in the motivation letter will be considered in the interview process):
- Why are you interested in Sistema.bio?
- Based on your experience, tell us about the most difficult change you’ve had to implement in your career. How did you manage the change?
- What is the most challenging issue of scale that you've had to address in your career?
Location & Travel
- Based in Nairobi
- Traveling to Rift Valley, Mount Kenya, Central regions 20% of your time