Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Africa Network for Animal Welfare (ANAW) is a Pan-African Organization based in Kenya that promotes humane treatment of all animals and the well being of communities living with them. Its main objective is to work together with communities, partners and other stakeholders in promoting sustainable use of biodiversity and the humane treatment of farm, wild, working and companion animals in Africa through compassion, care, appreciation and protection.
ANAW is looking for highly motivated recent university graduate to join our team as an IT Support Intern who will support the maintenance of organizations Computers hardware and software and also provide technical support. The IT Support Intern will also be instrumental in supporting online meetings, specifically via Zoom or other identified platforms by the organization.
This internship position will be remote within Nairobi but will require occasional physical meetings.
- Perform installations, repairs, and preventative maintenance on staff computers
- Perform hardware and software maintenance duties
- Troubleshoot and correct hardware/ software computer and network problems
- Assist with the maintenance and operation of workstations
Computer Systems Maintenance
- Perform system upgrades as necessary for software and hardware related components as needed
- Perform administrative duties on network servers
- Monitor backup procedures and perform occasional recoveries to ensure backup integrity
- Assist with contacting vendors and service providers of IT equipment and supplies for efficient and effective office operations
Online presence Development, Maintenance and Communications
- Work with Policy and Public Affairs department to manage website information to ensure content, style and presentation is appropriate for web-based publishing
- Monitor site traffic, and ensure user accessibility to the site
- Oversee, in coordination with the Policy and Public Affairs department, the creation refinement, and maintenance of all aspects of organizations web presence, web activities, Intranet site, social media venues and electronic newsletters
Assisting in conference equipment handling, installing and livestreaming
- Assist in installing and testing conference ICT equipment
- Take part in setting up and testing conference room as per agreed standards
- Assist in performing audio and video live streaming and process recordings after the conferences/workshops
- In collaboration the ICT team, assist interpreters with operational set-ups and monitor operations throughout the meeting
- Collaborate with other ANAW’s ICT team in relation to video and tele-conferencing ser
- Assist in the maintenance of conference equipment
- In collaboration with ICT team, conduct quarterly inspections to test, repair and clean conference equipment
- Tackle technical issues relating to conference equipment and share information, technological improvement ideas and suggestions with the team members escalating outstanding unresolved issues
- Report damaged and lost ICT equipment
Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job as well as the education requirements:
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science or related field (required)
- Ability to work remotely without constant, direct supervision. (required)
- Professional qualification in Computer programming, networking (CCNA, web design) etc. (highly preferred)
- Certificate in project management (preferred)
- Experience and/or strong interest in conducting and managing online meetings; including webinars (highly preferred)
- Good communication and presentation skills (required)
- Result driven and passionate about ANAW vision, mission and values (required)
This is an unpaid internship position, but you will be facilitated with a monthly communication and transport allowance.
Kindly submit your application to email@example.com, with the subject line of your email ‘IT Support Intern’. Please include a cover letter and CV. These should reach us on or before 6th June 2023.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.