About the Role
As One Acre Fund's Fulfilment Center Associate in Kenya, you will manage the Tupande Warehouses (WH) and Tupande Fulfillment Centers (TFC). This will comprise facilitating the planning and coordination of input reception, warehousing, inventory management, and distribution of inputs and fulfilment of orders to the 600,000+ farmers and 300+ Retail outlets; managing the staff, and analysing key metrics to monitor and performance and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement. Your work will have a tremendous impact on our main mission of serving all farmers.
You will report to the Kenya Logistics Lead and will largely work with other businesses including Rural Retail, Field operations, Tupande Online, and other support departments.
- Order fulfilment: receive and stock inventory, pick, pack and ship orders to different Business Unit (BU) clients with timely, cost-effective, deliveries through strategic planning and collaboration.
- Create KPIs and implement strategies for evaluating and improving WH and TFC performance, and work with other KE Supply chain sub-departments to achieve key KPIs such as OTIF, Order Accuracy, Order Processing time, Inventory accuracy, Damage and disposal Rate, Receiving cycle time, Receiving accuracy and Delivery Cost per Revenue.
- Monitor end-to-end warehouse processes, standardize operational procedures and improve operational efficiency while minimizing costs, including the undertaking of special projects.
- Streamline stakeholder engagement and communication.
- Identify and address opportunities and risks within your scope of work through contingency planning.
- Contribute to annual strategy setting and the department's OKRs execution.
- Build a team culture that represents One Acre Fund values and creates a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree, in Business, Supply Chain Management, applied mathematics, or operations management.
- At least 5+ years of FMCG, E-Commerce or warehouse management experience
- Experience with SAP ERP or related systems
- Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), as they will be used to analyze and present data, create reports, and make informed decisions.
- Experience setting strategic direction, and managing projects from idea to implementation.
- Leadership experience at or outside of work.
- Language: English
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits