Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their application by:
Filling an Online Application for Employment Form available at the Commission’s jobs portal: HERE Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application:
- Letter of Application,
- Detailed and updated curriculum vitae, summarizing the applicant’s bio-data including, background information such as community service, financial discipline, pro bono activity, involvement as a party in litigation and involvement in political activity including financial contribution to political party/parties (if any), criminal record and legal education, legal practice engagement for the last five (5) years,
- Names of three (3) professional references and two (2) character references who can verify and comment on the applicant’s past and present employment,
- Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photograph,
- Five (5) samples of any professional writings, including but not limited to judgments, advocacy submissions in courts, scholarly writings or any legal publications that the applicant has authored,
- Declaration of income and liabilities as at the time of making the application, using the prescribed forms. The Declarationof Income, Assets and Liabilities Form JSC 2b can be downloaded from the JSC website – www.jsc.go.ke – Downloads.
Public officers should attach copies of returns of declarations of income, asset and liabilities for the last three declarations. Those in private practice should attach audited accounts and tax returns for the last three (3) years.
- Certified copies of testimonials, professional certificates, academic transcripts and certificate of admission to the roll of Advocates.
- Completed Application for Employment Form – JSC 2A (for public officers) or JSC 2 (for other applicants) which can be downloaded from the JSC website – www.jsc.go.ke – Downloads.
- Applicants are also required to forward one (1) hard copy of the completed Application for Employment Form including copies all attachments cited above to:
JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION,
Commission Offices: Kenya Reinsurance Plaza, Podium Floor,
Taifa Road, Nairobi.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to carry the following documents during the interview:
Valid original clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview:
- Kenya Revenue Authority,
- Higher Education Loans Board,
- Law Society of Kenya,
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations,
- Advocates Complaints Commission,
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and
- A recognized Credit Reference Bureau.
Original testimonials, professional certificates, academic transcripts and certificate of admission to the roll of Advocates.
Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
The applications must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 17TH FEBRUARY, 2021 AT 5.00 P.M
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.
ANNE A. AMADI, CBS
JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. Box 40048-00100 Nairobi
Tel+254 20 2739180