Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisio...
Read more about this company
This role is responsible for the overall management of a Tax Services Office (TSO) or sector of deployment within a division and in particular the implementation of the compliance governance framework with the aim of meeting the set revenue targets.
Key responsibilities/Tasks/ Duties
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Administer the relevant Tax Acts for assessments, collection, and accounting for revenue.
- Spearheading initiatives to implement the compliance governance
- Assisting the Chief Manager and Deputy Commissioner achieve the set revenue targets.
- Coordinating TSO/sector target achievement.
- Preparing of daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual progress reports for Chief Manager and senior
- Development and management of a comprehensive annual work plan for the TSO/sector.
- Organizing taxpayer engagements within the sector.
- Management of funds, equipment and other facilities allocated.
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for other initiatives in the TSO/sector i.e. Internal Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Day-to-day operations, supervision, management of perfomance and development of staff in the TSO/sector.
- Facilitate performance management of the staff in the TSO/Sector.
- Drive initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the TSO/section
- Fostering relationship management to facilitate revenue collection in the TSO/sector.
- Any other duties as maybe assigned from time to time by the Supervisor or management.
Development of budgets
Responsibility for Physical Assets
Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
Decision Making / Job Influence
- Make strategic, operational and financial decisions
- Plans the work of subordinates
- Assigns work to subordinates
- Monitors subordinates work performance
- Appraises/evaluates subordinates performance
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- A university degree in Accounting, Finance, Law, Business Administration, Economics or related disciplines from a recognized institution
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Public Secretary, Tax Administration or Diploma in Law (Kenya School of Law) is an added advantage
Previous relevant work experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in Tax Administration or similar field with at least 1 year in first level management.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Must have a thorough knowledge and wide experience on the application of the relevant tax statutes, policies and operational procedures.
- Have knowledge of other revenue laws administered under the KRA Act.
- Must have a good understanding of Tax Policy and Governance.
- Must be conversant with departmental business processes and computer systems.
- Conversant with strategic direction of the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Demonstrate ability to manage Tax Programmes and specialized units.
- Good understanding of Risk Management and
- Must have demonstrated exemplary performance, high integrity and competence.
- Possess excellent communication, counseling and leadership skills.
- Must have good decision-making capabilities.
- Good planning and organizational
- Resilient, focused and results-oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills