Reporting to: Project Manager
Grade Level : 13
Work Location : Illaramatak
Purpose of Position
The purpose of this position is to provide technical support in the effective monitoring, evaluation, accountability, learning for timely and quality implementation of the LET’S PLAY AND LEARN PROJECT. He/She will take lead in the design and implementation of a monitoring framework to track delivery against project objectives which is to ensure integration of play in learning through improved skills among teachers, increased access to quality inclusive teaching & learning resources and improved ecosystem that supports learning through play in the identified schools and communities in Matete and Ilaramatak ADP.
Technical support in Project Planning and Management 45%
- Take lead in the design and implementation of a monitoring framework to track delivery against the project objectives.
- Developing internal reporting schedules & templates, clarifying what level of information is needed and where, with key responsibilities assigned, and support reviewing proposals, with a particular focus on checking log frames and ensuring indicators are SMART
- Review and update log frames, M&E Plans, Project indicators and periodic targets and detailed implementation plans.
- Support develop clear and implementable work break down structure for respective activities
- Participate in the development of tools and guidelines for data collection, collation and reporting, with a focus on establishing Output and outcome Tracking, systemically checking data for quality, accuracy, and consistency, and providing feedback as necessary;
- Support the development of systems and processes for the implementation of M&E policy and procedure based on WV best practice, developing frameworks to integrate impact assessment and learning and knowledge management into the programme and project cycle;
- Contribute to the design of MEAL methodology and child-focused indicators by the project team, and to the promotion of child participation in M&E planning and accountability.
- Provide MIS content/requirements and feedback to project team and document progress on indicators/achievement of targets (Logical Framework Approach - LFA) using Indicator Tracking Tables (ITT)
- Ensure integration of the grant with the partner’s objectives including WVK Initiatives and Child Well- being outcomes in-line with the WVK Strategic priorities.
- Plan tracking for Project indicators of strategic relevance from secondary and primary data, with partners and communities
- Maintain a tracking spreadsheet for M&E activities and events – baselines, assessments, reviews, evaluations – tracking trends and recommendations, progressing their implementation where appropriate.
- Compile, consolidate and analyze quantitative and qualitative project data and contribute into subsequent reporting through monthly MEAL reports, updates, successes and issues from the MEAL tracking tools.
- Ensure the appropriate use of information management systems in compliance with partnership agreements.
- Ensure that project’s interventions implemented in compliance with the Agakhan, GoK, WVK and other partner’s acceptable standards and norms.
Technical support in Project Assessment, Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting 30%
- Provide technical guidance in implementing/mainstreaming the project M&E system to the existing M&E system in WVK.
- Provide support in the maintenance of a comprehensive and updated database for the project.
- In collaboration with the Regional DMEAL Coordinator, ensure all project indicators are properly baselined, monitoring and mid or end term evaluation project is done as per the proposal and Detailed Implementation plans (DIP) and that any recommendations are promptly acted upon.
- Take charge of collating and analyzing data and synthesizing information, updating the monitoring matrix and other monitoring tools in place.
- Support quality review of existing project data, information collection methods and the suitability of the existing data for the provision of sound baseline information.
- Ensure that all data and documents (raw data, completed consent forms, reports, etc.) are filed according to internal/project’s document management requirements
- Together with the project team, ensure timely development and dissemination of all required periodic reports and communications resources to all key stakeholders.
- Ensure alignment of all project activities with the stipulated DMEAL standards
Learning, Documentation & Capacity Development 10%
- Ensure continuous learning and documentation of lessons learnt and best practices for program design, monitoring and evaluation frameworks related to emergency response.
- Coordinate the sharing of learning related to MEAL practices across other agencies and other countries and provide support when internal/external reviews, evaluations, and lessons learned.
- Support the development of project case studies, human interest stories, documentaries and other related materials
- Ensure that lessons learnt and reports are documented (printed, visual) and published for sharing with the donor and other partners and proactively share information and learning with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop capacity building plans and support WV and partners in building their capacity in M&E, development of required formats, key indicators, needs assessments, frameworks for evaluation, qualitative documentation of outcomes and impact of projects.
- Ensure accountability assessments are conducted on a timely basis and capacity of staff built to undertake accountability assessments.
Networking and Collaboration 10%
- Participate in Interagency Working Group Meetings.
- Coordinate with external stakeholders including, but not limited to, academia, NGOs, Government, and Private Sector in order to advance the learning goal of the project
- Ensure effective community complaints response mechanisms in collaboration with communities and other agencies/partners are developed and functional
- Work together with MOE/TSC for project planning, monitoring, coordination and sharing of evidence to inform policy
- Comply with and promote WV policies including but not limited to Child Safeguarding, Whistle blower and Fraud.
- Ensure that Project interventions are in synergy with other related Programs within the area of coverage for sustainability.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces
- Attend and lead daily devotions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation or Project management, Statistics or related discipline from a recognized University.
- Certification in M&E and in conducting assessments or equivalent
- Minimum four years’ practical experience in M&E system coordination/ implementation in a large international non-governmental organization or other international relief/development body in the field of education.
- Demonstrate understanding of latest developments, research and trends in the relevant aspects in the field of education.
- Experience in data/statistical programmes e.g. SPSS, Stata etc.
- Experience in Data collection on the Open data kit plat form and other mobile based applications, data analysis and interpretation
- Experience in quality assurance systems, and continuous improvement, with particular emphasis on integration of accountability measures into all aspects of the project cycle;
- Experience in project design, proposal writing, needs assessments, surveys, and information management
- A team player, capable of building staff and community capacity through training.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and emotional maturity with ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts
- Excellent planning, coordination, analytical and reporting skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with high professional ethics and integrity