Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Reporting to the Senior Business Partner - People and Culture (P&C), this is a generalist HR role, which is primarily responsible for frontline query management and customer service, and ‘employee life-cycle management’ for Global Center (“GC”) staff. This role aligns P&C practice to global standards, policies, systems and processes. It has direct responsibility for GC staff onboarding, record keeping, knowledge management, annual employment checks, contracts management and off-boarding. This role works closely with P&C Business Partners, WVI Recruitment and WV P&C Operations colleagues.
Working closely with the Global P&C Director, this role is also the global process owner for VisionFund on HR Analytics including reporting and dashboards, Workforce Demographics and Planning, Employee Engagement Survey and employment compliance checks such as Blocked Party Screening. S/he will work closely with Regional and Global Business Partners, Finance, Enterprise Risk management and WVI colleagues to co-ordinate the smooth deployment of global processes, tools and programs. The P&C Officer is required to provide support across various facets of the Human Resources function and focuses on understanding and driving efficiencies in P&C processes to achieve agility, operational excellences and outstanding customer service.
This role will be the first point of contact to support employees at VFI to provide solutions to basic employment queries as well as directing employees to query specific experts within the VFI P&C team or the wider World Vision partnership, working closely with colleagues in WorldVision to drive alignment. This role will also provide support to P&C managers/teams within the MFIs for various data initiatives and HRIS system compliance, which requires influencing skills training skills and technical skills. This role is at the forefront of HR digitization, driving user adoption of our HRIS, responsible for data integrity, good governance and is a ‘Super-User’ for the system.
S/he enables P&C colleagues globally to adopt the global standards on systems, processes and analytics and to maintain high standards of data integrity, as well as collects, analyses and reports on P&C data globally across the VisionFund network.
This role will require a proactive, disciplined and data-driven individual who is able to work effectively with limited supervision (often remotely) as well as someone who demonstrates excellence in customer service skills, attention to detail and a commitment to timely resolution of queries from internal customers. This is a role that draws on, and develops further, a wide variety of people and culture related theories, best practice and practical experience particularly in relation to change management, culture, employee relations, employee engagement and performance management.
20%: Responsible for data accuracy and timely reporting from the Human Resources Information System (HRIS): (Subject Matter Expert)
- As a trained super-user of the Workday HR Information System, manage VFI employee data to ensure accuracy and effective use of the platform.
- Identify and influence Workday ‘champions’ at the MFIs to fully adopt and utilize global HRIS. Develop them through online training and mentoring. Foster a culture of knowledge sharing regarding people data among the MFI P&C staff. Design and execution of one-to-one and group training for MFI P&C staff on the Workday system.
- Train all Global Centre employees and managers in how to use Workday (e.g. for absence management and for managing personal data)
- Run monthly and ad hoc reports as required by the Global Centre (and MFI’s when required by Regional BPs, and cleared by P&C Director). This includes headcount tracking, recruitment tracking, etc.
- Set-up and run queries from the Workday system when needed.
- Problem solve when data integrity or process issues arise within the workday system. Including helping P&C colleagues to promote the benefits of using Workday and providing tips and training on how to get the most out of the Workday system.
- Oversee, coordinate and enable HRIS system implementation in MFI’s which are yet to migrate or are new to the network.Increased and maintained level of data integrity in Workday through influencing and training the P&C staff in MFIs
15%: Responsible for P&C global workforce processes and analytics: (Process owner)
- Influence, coach and enable P&C colleagues to adopt global standard HRIS and deploy system analytical capabilities. Drive system adoption, global alignment in process and standards. Drive and maintain high standards of data integrity within VisionFund International
- Support, enable and coach P&C colleagues to complete annual Workforce Demographics and Analytics reports. Using data analysis and numeracy skills, reviews all submissions for quality from each MFI and works with P&C teams to correct errors within WV timelines.
- Provides quarterly P&C analytics reports, including Generating data, analyzing it and recommending actions.
- Follows up with managers and employees regarding attrition, absence and key employment related recording and analytical data.
- Providing quarterly headcount reports, which includes monthly and annualized data for management reporting.
- Provides salary data annually for financial planning at the GC level and provides ad hoc salary data (including collecting it from MFIs) for insurance calculations.
- Works with operations/social performance/finance / risk management and audit to provide data about the workforce and input in building a relevant data story for the business.
25%: Responsible for People & Culture Administration for Global Center staff:
- Manage on-boarding administration and new hire process; ensure compliance with employment regulations, local and global policies and coordinate with host P&C colleagues in host locations where needed.
- Contract administration under the guidance of colleagues and in partnership with World Vision International
- Ensure MDS reference checks for new hires are completed across the network, liaising with P&C colleagues in World Vision and VisionFund MFI network
- Conduct annual blocked party screening for GC employees, and ensure MFI’s are compliant with global standards for new hires and annual checks.
Employee life cycle management and changes (e.g. via letters)
- Create and store contract amendment letters, under the instruction of P&C Business Partners
- Support, enable and coach managers in the processes for making contract changes/updating data on their staff using the global HRIS for manager workflows
- Work with line managers and P&C counterparts to resolve employee queries as they arise, in a timely manner.
In-house Training Coordinator
- Point of contact for in-house training – keep a catalogue of available training and advising those who ask on appropriateness of training courses.
- Manage applications for training courses
- Provide participant/nomination lists to P&C colleagues
- Facilitate training cohorts (or support others to do so) as needed and with clearance of Senior P&C Business Partner
P&C Team Coordinator
- Organise team meetings when requested
- Proactively update MFI/VFI P&C staff contact list and circulate it on a regular basis
- Manage the P&C team’s filing system, compliance with data protection regulations, compliance with audits, and any need for backups of data (and any related change management e.g. shifting to new systems)
10%: Steward global Employee Engagement survey (Our Voice): (Process owner)
- Administer all communications for annual Our Voice survey with support from P&C BP/Director
- Liaise with the WV global process owner for the Our Voice survey to ensure smooth survey preparation, planning, rollout, reporting and follow up for VisionFund.
- Provide support in setting up, administering and following up the survey, including building capacity among P&C colleagues in the use of the reporting tools and discussion/action planning materials.
- Supporting the post-survey process of communicating results and acting upon them. Tracking progress.
10%:Responsible for Global Center New Staff Orientation & Exit:
- Manage new starter Orientation process including making improvements to the Orientation Checklist, training managers in what they should do for orientation of new staff, checking there is a performance agreement on file within first 2 months of employment, and scheduling a P&C meeting for the new staff member.
- Manage off-boarding administration and leaver process; ensure compliance with employment regulations, local and global policies and coordinate with host P&C colleagues in host locations where needed.
- Coordinate and liaise with host location P&C to ensure local off-boarding is initiated and completed diligently. Align employee, line manager and P&C colleagues in administering and completing leaver process.
- Drive continuous process improvements, and complete regular audits on new hires and leavers to ensure record keeping and policy compliance is robust
Query Management: First point of contact for all of VFI’s ‘Global Centre’ employees:
- Act as a P&C helpdesk, responding promptly to front line P&C queries from GC employees about themselves (P&C BP’s in the GC will respond to queries from managers about their teams).
- Review employee relations queries as first port of call for employees. (Managers with questions about their team members will have P&C BP as their first port of call).
- Triage employee queries requiring re-direction (wthin WVI or VFI), ensure clean hand-offs and clear communication to staff and colleagues. Equip employees to use basic tools, such as the appropriate policy database, HRIS and quick reference guides to answer their own queries.
10%: Integrated Talent Management administrative support
Talent Management : (Performance, Succession, Development)
- For GC staff, support the P&C Business Partners in communication and process management for Talent Management including annual performance management cycle, succession planning and talent management.
- Report on global completion rates and analytics for talent management including End of Year Reviews and Goal Setting.
- Super-user and point of contact for any technical queries and troubleshooting required in the use of the Workday system for talent management
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Tertiary qualification (at least a Bachelor's Degree) in Human Resource Management or related discipline is required or the equivalent level of critical thinking, knowledge of HR theories and best practice and analytical abilities must be demonstrated through relevant work experience.
- At least 2 years of HR administration experience is required with demonstrated ability to support a virtual team
- 3-5 years of HRIS experience or working with similar programme (e.g. SAP), ideally with experience of having trained people in how to follow processes and use systems
- At least 3years in a Customer Service/Support position, with proven commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Flexibility on working hours to work with colleagues in different time zones
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail and ability to show initiative and be proactive.
- Proven ability to juggle a high volume of concurrent activities and work to deadlines and manage multiple stakeholders Influencing skills across many cultures and at all levels
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office coupled with a keen eye for detail, degree-level numeracy skills, data analysis experience (proficiency in the use of MS Excel) and experience of providing clear presentation of findings (e.g., in MS Powerpoint)
- Excellent customer service and relationship management
- Previous experience in process improvement and problem solving
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience in recruitment or employment relations would be an advantage
- Deep working knowledge of Workday and application of statistical tools/systems
- Proficient in data systems, analysis and use of analytical tools
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English
- Proven ability to turn data into management information