Department: Operations/Supply Chain
Reporting line: Head of Africa Operations
Location: Africa / Berlin (preferably Africa)
About ENGIE BU Africa ENGIE Energy Access (EEA)
ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d'Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
Majority of the EEA business line product value chain activities including distribution, repair, refurbishment, and sales are done in Africa. The Planning and Ordering Manager is responsible for demand management and aggregating such for ordering of products and materials from suppliers to delivery in sales countries.
- Maintain custody over the sales and operations planning (S&OP) process and tools to deliver acceptable inventory orders per country based on sales forecasts.
- Plan, aggregate, run approval process for orders, disseminate order information.
- Demand planning including review sales history and forecasts with country teams, review tech center spares/swap consumption vs Quality failure rate, optimize inventory turnover), integrate NPI into demand planning, review B2B Sales integrate into demand plan.
- Create and implement metrics to measure on time ordering of materials both for sales and warranty fulfilment by the countries, and order fulfillment by the Upstream supply chain.
- Analyze working capital tied up in inventory for each country and set limits over time (max, min, average.
- Devise methods to reduce working capital tied up in inventory through creative ordering and forecasting, demand planning accuracy, and on time shipments delivery.
- Create and maintain a centralized shipment tracking records and status for all countries.
- Issue regular information to country operations on upcoming shipments, trigger dates for pre-assessment and verification, and destination port arrivals to avoid port storage and demurrage costs.
- Track estimated date of arrival at Country warehouse.
- Design, implement and follow through a planning and ordering cycle/schedule – create awareness and trainings for countries on improvements / evolutions in the ordering process.
- Coordinate and or participate in projects that directly affect the planning and ordering function including inventory management projects, reducing inventory shrinkage, increasing turnover, improving inventory management data accuracy.
- Act as a strong liaison between countries and upstream supply chain, addressing major risks related to Supply and Demand fluctuations.
- Coordinate order approval meeting with top management, coordinate the demand and supply meeting between upstream supply chain team and Africa operations.
- Follow through on important planning and ordering KPIs and metrics for reporting monthly
Knowledge And Skills
- Minimum 4 years of experience in supply chain/operations management, demand management/planning
- Skills in data analytics, forecasting, production planning, inventory management
- Technical knowledge of formulating policies, processes and procedures suiting multiple operations to increase efficiency of the planning function
- Ability to work with cross-cultural teams and bring together diverse teams – cut through barriers to achieve compliance.
- Ability to direct supply chain team's efforts in identifying critically overstocked inventory with short shelf-life and propose solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations/Supply Chain/Project Management or related relevant field.
- Master's degree is an added advantage
- Specialized certification in operations, supply chain, production/engineering or related field is a plus
- Advanced MS Office User
- Sales and Operations Planning tools including MRP, ERP systems e.g. SAP, NAV
- Previous knowledge working with operations control tools and systems especially in inventory control
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!