Duties and responsibilities will entail: -
- Undertaking relevant objective policy research;
- Conducting capacity building activities for government and other stakeholders;
- Undertaking policy analysis and provide policy advice to government;
- Developing research proposals to raise targeted funds to enhance sustainability of the Institute;
- Participating in enhancing the Institute’s networks and partnerships;
- Disseminating research findings through seminars, roundtables, workshops and conferences;
- Publishing of research work including referred journals and book chapters;
- Developing policy-oriented outputs such as discussion papers, working papers, policy papers, policy briefs among others;
- Contributing to the preparation of work plans to achieve the Institute’s mandate;
- Participating in the preparation of KIPPRA flagship report;
- Participating in policy engagement forums such as task forces, working groups among others;
- Managing the collection and updating data and ensuring the overall quality of this data;
- Updating on current economic developments to guide in identifying policy issues for the Institute focus;
- Participating in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports;
- Assuring quality of research outputs;
- Supervising and overseeing the day-to-day execution of research projects;
- Supervising young professionals’ research activities;
- Developing research proposals to raise targeted funds to enhance sustainability of the Institute; and
- Developing content and publish in peer Reviewed journals to disseminate research findings and contribute to the body of knowledge at national, regional and international levels.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics or related social sciences from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in Economics, or related social sciences from a recognized institution;
- PhD in Economics, or related social sciences from a recognized institution;
- Management course lasting not less than 4 weeks from a recognized institution;
- Knowledge statistical software for data entry, analysis, extraction and reporting;
- Six (6) years’ relevant work experience;
- Minimum of four (4) publications in peer Reviewed journals;
- Minimum of six (6) research papers including KIPPRA discussion papers, policy papers, working papers, special papers as well as book chapters;
- Training in Modelling skills will be an added advantage;
- Computer skills including statistical packages; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
The public is notified of the following:
Detailed job descriptions, requirements, and how to apply are available on the website https://recruit.kippra.or.ke/
All applications MUST be received on or before 28th February 2023 by 5:00 pm.
KIPPRA is an equal-opportunity employer. Persons with disability, females, marginalized and minorities are encouraged to apply.
There are NO fees charged by KIPPRA for any application for these positions.
Canvassing for any of these positions will result in the disqualification of the candidate.
Applicants who applied previously for the readvertised positions are encouraged to apply.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to present originals of the following documents during the interviews.
- National Identity Card.
- Academic and Professional Certificates and transcripts.
- Any other supporting documents and testimonials.
- Memberships to relevant professional bodies and associations (where applicable).
- Evidence of publications where required.
- Recommendation letter (s).
The Successful candidates and will be required to avail the following documents.
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board.
- Clearance from Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Police Clearance Certificate).
- Printed Online Self-Declaration Application Acknowledgement Receipt or aself-Declaration Form duly stamped by the Ethics and Anti-CorruptionCommission.
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate).
- Clearance from a Registered Credit Reference Bureau.Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, CV, copies of certificates & testimonials,
- and duly filled personal data form which can be downloaded from the Institute’s website. All applications should be sent through the recruitment portal (link provided in section 1 abovand in the event of challenges submit the applications in soft copy via email: email@example.com
Applications to be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
The Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis,
Upper Hill, Bishop Gardens Towers, 2nd Floor Bishop Road,
P.O. Box 56445, Nairobi, 00200 City
Square, Tel: 2719933/4, Fax 2719951
Late applications will not be accepted, and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.