The Product Development Unit is responsible for managing the delivery of digital financial services products and services for the bank within the Digital Financial Services division. The department works closely with our platform vendors and the Technology team to define, and project manage the delivery of customer focused products and services aligned to the bank's overall strategy and objectives.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Savings and Lending Product Management, the role holder is responsible for driving the growth and performance of the bank’s lending product portfolio to achieve our vision and impact.
The role holder will support the Product Management team by defining product requirements, conducting market research on competing products and customer feedback to improve our product portfolio.
- Drive growth and performance of the bank’s digital lending products through customer acquisition, driving usage and collections as well as improving the experience of assigned products.
- Define and articulate the assigned products portfolio requirements, consumer and market trends as well as exploring areas for growth.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the bank’s products to competitors' products within the financial services industry.
- Coordinate the implementation of consumer engagement activities of assigned products portfolio in partnership with marketing and customer experience to drive customer engagement to grow Net Promoter Score & reduce Customer Effort Score as per set KPIs.
- Identify, document, and recommend opportunities for growth of the assigned product portfolio.
- Create use cases and detailed product roadmap documents to articulate desired features and functionalities to technology and vendors for implementation.
- Provide training and product awareness to product support teams including customer facing and back-office support teams.
- Liaise with vendors & technology teams to ensure correct definition, documentation, and implementation of product requirements for new products and customizations of existing products to meet specific customer needs.
- Identify, document & implement changes for process improvement, in liaison with internal stakeholders from technology, risk and compliance, credit and other departments.
- Support teams that track and manage product performance metrics and financial models ensuring that product delivery stays on track and on budget.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University degree from a recognized institution.
- Master’s degree and professional qualifications will be added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in product development/ management or a similar role.
- Experience in digital financial services.
- Excellent project management and relationship management skills.
The above position is demanding; for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Monday 6th December 2021.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.