Department: Project Implementation Unit
Direct hierarchy: Senior Project Officer
Contract duration: Fixed term
Starting date: August, 2020
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the position of a Project Assistant in West Pokot County, Kenya.
Main objective: The Project Assistant-Animal health is the focal point for all implementation activities to be conducted in West Pokot. Under the guidance of the Senior Project Officer, you will be responsible for coordinating with management, partners and other stakeholders to ensure that the project is fully implemented in accordance with the proposal, ACTED rules and regulations, and donor requirements.
- Conduct Community mobilization and liaise with communities’ and beneficiaries for better project impact.
- With support of the Senior Project Officer, ensure that animal health project activities are implemented on time and within budget.
- Assist with continuous monitoring of the humanitarian situation in the project implementation areas so as to inform contextual analysis in terms of trends, emerging opportunities and appropriate response.
- Carry out beneficiary identification and selection as may be needed.
- Assist with weekly and monthly planning & reporting ensuring proper documentation of all program activities.
- Oversee daily implementations of field activities as per the Project Work Plan
- Organize and conduct targeted beneficiary trainings, workshops and forums as needed/requested**
- Represent ACTED in relevant stakeholders meeting and forums as may be required from time to time.**
- Assist the Senior Project Officer in engaging stake holders as relates to ensuring synergy and collaboration in project implementation.**
- Participate in periodic monitoring and evaluation of project activities.**
- Develop reports for all activities undertaken**
- Work closely with county government.
- Support all logistics, compliance, tasks assigned.
Beneficiary Engagement and Accountability
- Ensure project teams adhere to ACTED’s Code of Conduct and treat all beneficiaries with respect and without any distinction or discrimination based on nationality, race, ethnicity, tribe, gender, religious beliefs, political opinion or disability;
- Oversee the appropriate, achievable and acceptable selection of project beneficiaries;
- Develop a communication strategy with communities ensuring there is smooth flow of factual, objective and actionable information between ACTED and all project stakeholders;
- Ensure project stakeholders are empowered to participate throughout the project cycle;
- Ensure that ACTED’s Complaints and Response Mechanism is communicated to target communities as well as properly implemented throughout the project in close coordination with the monitoring team
- Supervise the work of enumerators and other casual.
- Assist with weekly and monthly reporting to the Senior Project Officer.
- Keep the Senior Project Officer regularly updated on all issues related to the project activities.
- Relevant university degree (Master or Post graduate), in Veterinary medicine, Livestock, Animal Health, other relevant field.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of professional relevant experience.
- Experience in implementing and managing multidisciplinary approaches in project implementation especially in Northern Kenya.
- Strong program design and management skill and experience.
- Experience in dry lands technologies.
- Working experience in financial management of donor projects.
- Communication Skills: Excellent writing and verbal skills in English.
- Adaptability and flexibility: Ability to manage a large workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 7th August 2020 with the subject line as; Application for Project Assistant- Animal Health. Note that applications sent without this exact subject line will not be shortlisted.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Selection will be on rolling basis and ACTED reserves the right to hire before the deadline.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.