AKF, in partnership with a global consortium of private foundations, is co-launching Schools2030, a 10-year (2020-2030) learning improvement programme. Schools2030 will partner with national governments and 1000 school sites (pre-primary, primary, secondary, and youth education providers) across 10 countries from around the world to develop understanding and evidence of ‘what works’ in equipping children and young people with the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values needed to successfully navigate uncertainty and become contributing members of society. In Kenya, AKF will partner with 100 school sites to drive classroom level innovation to enable teacher generated solutions to identify and inform ‘what works in education’ for Coast.
Purpose of the position
AKF is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual to lead the direct delivery of Schools2030 activities in Coast. Working under the direct supervision of the Schools2030 Coordinator, the Project Officers will be responsible for the direct delivery and support to schools, contributing to developing positive partnerships with government and non-government stakeholders, and effectively communicating Schools2030. This role will demand the person to work within a dynamic, fast-paced environment and work closely with the Regional Education and ECD Advisor and other Schools2030 team members in the region to ensure the timely, quality implementation of all Schools2030 activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the direct delivery of all Schools2030 activities at the district level with partner schools and youth partners. A core deliverable will be implementing a Human Centred Design processes with all partner schools, including workshops, school-based support, school network support, and effective use of flexible innovation response funds;
- Ensure all aspects of the project cycle are delivered with quality and contribute to the development of workplans, budgets, and activity and narrative reports;
- Provide project information and feedback to communicate progress, challenges, learning, and upcoming priorities and workplans to the Schools2030 Coordinator;
- Ensure all project funds you are responsible for are fully accounted for and liquidation is done in a timely manner to enable timely reporting;
- Ensure all project delivery and processes comply and promote with AKF’s gender and social inclusion and child and community safeguarding policies;
- Be the main point of contact for schools2030 at the district level;
- Engage and coordinate principle partners and stakeholders at district level to ensure collaborative delivery of project activities;
- Work with education actors to strengthen the education ecosystem connections and networks at the district level;
- Lead on the effective collection and management of data at the school and District level
- Ensure project learning is effectively communicated through the internal and external feedback loops and that principle partners have access to and understand the learning;
- Effectively engage in internal AKF learning opportunities to develop professional and technical understanding of education and Human Centred Design.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- BA in Education, Sociology, Business Administration or related field;
- Proven experience of working in social programming with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience working in education programming and international development;
- Experience collaborating with government and non-government partners as well as schools, children, teachers and young people;
- Strong understanding of the Kenyan education system and emerging technologies in the education and development sector;
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation frameworks for education programmes with experience in data collection methods;
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure;
- Proficient in ICT and Microsoft software.
Candidates interested in this unique career opportunity with AKF should submit a cover letter and maximum three-page CV including the names and contact information of three professional referees by 12 noon on Friday 7th January 2020. E-mail these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the positions in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AKF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment.