CARE USA Core Values Commitment:
The core Values Commitment describes who we are, what we do, and how we do it. It reflects our core values of TRANSFORMATION, INTEGRITY, DIVERSITY, EQUALITY, and EXCELLENCE, which serve as a foundation for all what we do. The core Values Commitment articulates our shared expectations of each other including our board, staff, volunteers, interns, partners and contractors globally.
The Regional Human Resources Officer will support the Global HR Generalists on all administrative related matters and responsible for supporting the core HR functions within CARE East, Central and Southern Africa Region. The position may also require providing occasional back-up support for Country Offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Responsibility #1-Country Office Support
- In-Country special projects/assignment support as requested by Country Offices
- Work with the Global HR Generalist to ensure application of Global HR policies and procedures in the COs to promote equal opportunities
- When necessary conduct field visits to COs to review human resources and administrative procedures and support COs in their needs or ascertain human resources requirements.
- Constantly review CO local labour laws and ensure compliance in those Countries.
- Reviews the HR template documents being used in each office to ensure compliance and standardization, including employment agreements, contract agreements, staff policies and handbooks.
- Serves as point of contact and initial escalation point for questions about policy, procedure, and requirements for local HR representatives in each office.
Job Responsibility #2-Delivery on Regional HR Priorities
- With support from the HR Generalist
- Provide Support on the East Central & Southern Africa Regional Strategic HR priorities
- Develop metric measurement and reporting tools for Regional Management Team discussions on key identified areas; including regional monthly reporting
- Provide support to the Regional Management Team and Regional Leadership Team on HR related issues
- Provide support in tracking key HR Metrics in the Region
Job Responsibility #3- Resourcing
Support the Global HG Generalist in the administrative recruitment for international posting ensuring compliance to CARE recruitment procedures and best practices:
- Review all the Requisition Forms and Job descriptions to accuracy
- Coordinate with the Compensation and Benefits team to ensure all new positions are correctly graded through the online system
- Coordinate with HR Services Center for job posting of all international positions
Job Responsibility #4-Performance & Talent Management
- Coordinate with CO HR team and Line Managers to ensure onboarding processes for all new international staff and key senior staff is completed including mandatory online training.
- Coordinate the administration of the performance management process for international staff in ECSA Country Offices.
- Support the Global HR Generalist in managing Global Talent Management Initiatives in Country Offices
- Champion CARE training and learning sites like CARE Academy and CARE Shares
- Ensure all International staff have completed all mandatory training like PSHEA, Security etc.
Job Responsibility #5-Administrative
- Support in conducting surveys and benchmarks that will ensure ECSA stays competitive
- Establish networks with Key International NGOs at the national and international level to keep update with external environment
- Work with the Regional Security Manager to ensure staff visiting the Regional Office receives briefing on Country and Regional security threats, medical and emergency evacuation procedures.
- Support the Global HR Generalists in ensuring effective rollout of global HR initiatives in COs in the region
- Ensure organograms, contact lists and information flow lines are constantly updated and shared appropriately.
- Provides monthly staff census reports for each Country Office.
- Coordinates the development and completion of quarterly Global reports for each office for delivery to HQ HR.
- Develops and implements additional components of the HR toolkit and templates for use in local offices.
Customer Focus - Internal & External; Problem Solving; Functional technical skills; Planning; Informing; Listening; Managing and Measuring Work; Maintaining Confidentiality, Negotiating; Process Management; Written communication.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or similar field
- Valid Institute of Human Resources Management (IHRM) Membership
- Minimum three (5) years’ experience in general HR management in a similar role. Previous work experience with an international NGO is an advantage.
- Experience working in a regional HR position, preferred.
- Ability to travel internationally as needed.
- Ability to take direction, yet work independently complete tasks on time.
- Familiarity with Employment Laws in the COs within the region.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-cultural situations
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Positive attitude and service oriented.
Travel - Expected to travel at least 40%
This job description is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic developments and following discussion with the post holder
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.