Energy is one of the key enablers of the Vision 2030 and energy security remains a matter of national national priority. The Second Medium Plan 2013-2017 identifies energy as one of the enablers for transformation into “a newly-industrializing, middle-income country providing a high quality of life to all its citizens in a clean and secure environme...
Read more about this company
VACANCY NO.07/2021: RENEWABLE ENERGY ASSISTANT I, CSG 10 (JG K) TWO (2) POSTS
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Salary Scale: Ksh.38,270 – 51,170 p.m
House allowance: Ksh.16,500p.m
Commuter Allowance: Kshs.5,000p.m
Leave allowance: Kshs.6,000p.a
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Served in the grade of Renewable Energy Assistant II, CSG 11 for at least three (3) years;
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Forestry, Energy, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Engineering (Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Energy) or its equivalent qualification from a recognised institution;
- Certificate in computer skills from a recognised institution; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- Assessing awareness and adoption levels of renewable energy technologies;
- Conducting field visits to collect data on renewable energy technologies;
- Analysing and compiling data on renewable energy technologies;
- Participating in energy efficiency and conservation activities;
- Implementing and monitoring of field programmes;
- Participating in agricultural society of Kenya (ASK) trade fairs, field days and other exhibitions;
- Coordinating the distribution of promotional materials;
- Conducting and monitoring of field and extension visits; and
- Participating in the conduct of research on renewable energy technologies and activities.
Applications are invited from qualified and competent serving Officers in the Public Service for the advertised vacant positions listed below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows;
By completing the PSC (2) (revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Public Service Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke
The Ministry of Energy website: www.energy.go.ke.
The completed applications forms together with certified copies of certificates should be sent to;
The Principal Secretary,
Ministry of Energy
P.O. Box 30582- 00100,
Emailed to email@example.com
Hand Delivered to the Office of the Director, HRM&D, Kawi Complex Block A, South C, 1st Floor.
All applications should be received on or before Wednesday 3rd, March, 2021.
- Candidates should ‘Not’ attach any original documents to the application form. All details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Ministry is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution, Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya diverse communities and affording equal opportunities to Men and Women, Members of all Ethnic groups and Persons with Disabilities. Hence, Persons with Disability, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce their original National ID, academic and professional certificates, transcripts and original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview