DIRECTORATE Directorate of Corporate Services
DEPARTMENT Human Resource Management
GRADE/LEVEL IRA 3
Director Corporate Services
TERMS OF SERVICE
Five (5) years Contract renewable subject to performance
The Senior Manager Human Resource Management will be responsible for the overall management of human resource functions, provide strategic leadership, develop and implement Human Resource policies and guidelines aligned to corporate strategy to ensure effective human resource management. The job holder is also responsible for planning, advising, directing human resources programs such as staff training and development, recruitment and selection, on boarding, reward management, performance management and employee health and safety.
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Formulate strategies, policies and procedures on Human Resource Management and General Administration and providing leadership in their implementation for effective and efficient service delivery;
- Provide advisory services to heads of departments and staff in the implementation of Human Resource strategies, policies and procedures;
- Providing secretariat services to the Human Resource Management Advisory Committee;
- Coordinate the preparation and absorption of Human Resource Management budgets;
- Oversee staff recruitment, selection, placement, succession planning and career progression;
- Coordinate employee training and development activities through the identification of staff training needs assessment and recommending relevant courses to develop staff capacity in conjunction with the Head of Departments and/or other external training bodies as required to facilitate capacity building;
- Oversee performance and career management programmes to improve individual and the organization’s performance;
- Oversee the Development and implementation of reward management and remuneration policies and strategies that attract, retain and motivate employees to higher productivity;
- Nurturing and promoting a conducive working environment, organizational culture and staff competencies that optimizes individual and organizational/team potential;
- Oversee, coordinating and supervising the development, management and maintenance of contracts, staff files and other employee records;
- Oversee human resource administration including leave and attendance management;
- Oversee the preparation of accurate and timely HR monthly and annual reporting;
- Oversee and ensuring accurate and timely performance of payroll functions by supervising the input of payroll data, maintaining payrollrecords in compliance with legal requirements and policies and6procedures;
- Formulate and oversee the implementation HRM policies and guidelinesand programs such as employee welfare, wellness, health and safety, staff incentive programmes and resolving industrial relations and discipline matters;
- Oversee staff and work performance in the Human Resource management to ensure efficient and effective service delivery;
- Oversee payroll management, administrative and staff related expenditures;
- Oversee Human Resource planning, succession management and budgeting to ensure prudent utilisation of resources;
- Oversee Staff Discipline to ensure staff abide by set rules and regulations as they perform their allocated tasks and responsibilities;
- Oversee compensation and staff benefits through regular review of salaries, and benefits (e.g. car loans, bonuses, mortgage, gratuity,
- Management of Staff Pension,) to attract and retain employees.
- Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Develop staff recruitment plans that ensure availability of requisite numbers and competencies to enable the organization achieve its organizational objectives.
- Oversee job analysis and advising on review of job descriptions
- Oversee formulation maintenance of service contracts.
- Monitor the use of human resources management budget.
- Resolve staff grievances and disciplinary matters and maintaining harmonious labour relations.
- Approve payroll, administrative and staff related expenditures.
- Authorize payroll to ensure timely payments of salaries and other benefits to employees;
- Approve leave to create work life balance for all employees through scheduled time roster;
- Process pension for retiring employees based on operating legislation to ensure continuity of lifestyle after retirement;
- Seek for authority to recruit and select staff to match workload requirements with human capital;
- Perform orientation of staff, interns and students on attachment to familiarize them with the day to day operations of the school.
- Process staff training requests to facilitate acquisition of the right skills for the right job, build capacity and embrace the changing trends in technology;
- Procure medical benefits and insurance to ensure the wellbeing of employees for continuity in productivity through good health; and
- Execute compliance with statutory deductions in accordance with the laid down labour laws to avoid penalties.
- Masters’ degree in Human Resource Management or related field;
- Bachelors degree in human resources management or business related field/social sciences
- Higher Diploma in Human Resources Management
- Certified Human Resource Management Professional (CHRMP- K);
- Membership to the Institute of Human Resources Management
- Registered Human Resources Practitioner in line with the HRMP Act 2012
- Twelve (12) years relevant experience eight (8) of which should be in senior management position
- Certificate in computer proficiency
- Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks
- Management Course lasting not less four (4) weeks
- Supervisory Course for not less than two (2) weeks;
- Meets the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution
Competencies and skills
- Strong communication and reporting skills;
- Strong analytical and numerical skills;
- Strong organization and interpersonal skill;
- Mentoring, coaching and leadership skills;
- Conflict management; and
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi-task.
Suitably qualified and experienced individuals should submit applications enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of relevant academic and professional certificates/testimonials and a copy of National Identity Card.
The CV must at the minimum provide details of the applicant’s email address, day-time mobile telephone numbers, details of current employer, current remuneration and names and contacts of three (3) referees familiar with the applicant’s professional background and experience.
Applications, addressed to the undersigned, may be delivered at the Insurance Regulatory Authority (Registry Section) at Zep-Re Place, 2nd Floor, Longonot Road, Upper Hill. Please note that these should be sealed, marked “Confidential” and indicate the job reference (e.g “REF:SO/01” for Supervision Officer). Alternatively, they may be sent by post or email to:
Commissioner of Insurance & Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority
P.O Box 43505-00100
EMAIL : [email protected]
Applications must be received by close of business on 18th of August 2022