Job Grade: RL 5
Directorate: Remuneration Services Department:
Reporting to: Principal Officer, Allowances and Benefits
To analyze data and information relating to allowances and benefits for public sector and make appropriate recommendations in line with the Commissions mandate
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reviewing allowances and benefits for public sector;
- Collect and Collate data on Allowances and Benefits and recommend reviews as appropriate;
- Maintain an up to date data base on allowances and benefits;
- Analyze submissions on allowances and benefits from stakeholders and make appropriate recommendations;
- Undertake periodic reviews and make recommendations on pensions to compensate for the rise in the cost of living;
- Analyze the impact of salary remuneration reviews on pension and make recommendations on its sustainability;
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to Supervisor;
- Provide feedback to enhance business processes and initiate process improvement to achieve operational excellence.
- Develop individual work plans, monitor own performance and seek requisite support to ensure delivery of agreed targets
- Adhere to budgetary allocation;
- Implement the functional risk management framework;
Qualifications and Personal Specifications
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences (Economics, Statistics, Human Resources, Public Administration) or relevant field of study from a recognized university;
- Pension Trustees Development Programme Certificate or any other related field is an added advantage
- Post-graduate Diploma in Human Resources/ CHRP II/Law or in a related field;
- Relevant work experience of at least six (6) years in a reputable organization;
- Membership to relevant professional body
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Knowledge of public finance management principles and processes;
- Demonstrated competency and capability in handling remuneration matters.
- Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Ability to identify customer needs and deliver service excellence.
- Demonstrate knowledge in relevant legislation and applicable standards.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills;
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of the Public Service Policies and practices on remuneration;
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Shortlisted candidates MUST present and fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing original copies of the following documents during interviews;
- A valid tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI);
- A valid Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); and
- A valid Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) (Must provide certificate or report)
Application to be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100
To be received on or before 27th September, 2021
Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates from minority, marginalized groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.