Directorate: IT & Operations
Reports to: Head, Solutions Development Manager
We are looking to recruit a technical resource to document the infrastructure and application eco system for the various payment related implementations
The incumbent must have a wide range of technology knowledge and understanding on system architecture, infrastructure, application, DB, middleware, monitoring, environment management, incident, change and problem management, disaster recovery, release management and DevOps.
The ideal candidate will solve organizational information problems and requirements by analyzing requirements, designing computer programs flows, collaborate with software development team, perform system testing and recommend system controls and protocols.
Job Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Strategy, Planning & Execution
- Designs new computer programs flows by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Translate business and user requirements into accurate system design requirements and technical specifications addressing all applications tiers and external system interfaces.
- Analyze and evaluate existing or developed company applications or systems and prepares documentation including detailed technical designs, system use cases, system flow charts, data models, UML diagrams, screen mock-ups, and system interface descriptions outlining systems capabilities and processes.
- Conducts detailed data analysis and produces system data mapping deliverables.
- Defines project tasks and estimate level of effort to achieve project deliverables and goals.
- May be called upon to improve existing systems by studying current practices and designing modifications.
- Expected to recommend controls by identifying problems. writing improved procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed or as requested by the line manager.
The Solutions designer will work fairly independently and should be competent to work on the most complex projects at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis activities.
The expectation is for the Solutions designer to formulate or define system scope and objectives based on user needs, devises, or modify existing procedures to solve complex problems, while considering computer capacity and limitations, operating time, all vis-s-vis desired results.
The Solutions designer is responsible for working with multiple business areas in multi-platform environments.
Formal Education & Certification
- Five (5+) years of Experience as a Senior Developer.
Knowledge & Experience
- Extensive experience in all phases of the SDLC (Iterative/Waterfall/Agile), documenting Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use Case and Functional Specifications, System Requirements Document (SRD)
- Demonstrable experience with Technical Design including Detail Design work.
- Must have strong database skills with covering DDL, DML and stored procedures.
- Experience with Iterative/Waterfall/Agile SDLC methodologies is a must.
- Ability to multitask and handle changes in priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision within a team environment.
- Experience in Financial Services systems strongly preferred.
- Must be able and willing to collaborate in a team/cooperative environment as well as exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Is extremely logical, detail oriented with a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work-load and meet multiple project deadlines.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high- pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures.
- Structured thinker, effective communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.