Everyone has the power to make a difference. And when we’re all working towards the same shared vision, nothing is out of reach. That’s what we believe, and why our 125,000+ Associates around the world are empowered to take action every day towards the world we want tomorrow. Because we know, the world we want tomorrow starts ...
Read more about this company
Supplier Quality Technologist is responsible for the representing and managing SQA sub function of Commercial function in Kenya. This position manages the development and implementation of Supplier Quality programs and plays a key, critical role to ensure Food safety and Quality of our ingredients and packaging incoming materials to our factory in Kenya country in line with both MQM and PQM standards.
The Job holder is the MEA SQA Digital champion, responsible for developing and driving the digitalization agenda in line with the Global expectations. He/She will be leading the MEA SQA team to assess the As-IS and develop the To-Be of our digitalization roadmap.
Ongoing responsibilities of the role include ensuring continuous supplier process improvement, identifying and executing cost improvement initiatives, assuring food/human/product safety, continuous quality improvement, and performing supplier site visits and audits.
NAI SQA Technologist leads the execution of premia quality management PrQM sourcing process across MEA region. deploys the Mars Inc. PrQM sourcing methodologies for a range of premia materials and risk levels.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with commercial team, souring managers and factories quality to ensure ingredient and packaging materials fully comply to MW requirements, including Food safety requirements, material specification, regulatory requirements and other requirements.
- Lead implementation of MQM (Material Quality Management), PQM (Packaging Quality Management) and PrQM (Premia Quality Management) Programs in Kenya & SSA to ensure full compliance, as per roadmap of MQM/PQM/PrQM implementation developed.
- Lead MEA Digitalization Roadmap ensuring MEA SQA is delivering objectives aligned with Global commitment, and representing MEA in the regional and global systems forums.
- Own and facilitate the supplier qualification process to ensure MW uses qualified ingredients and packaging from approved suppliers. This includes tracking status of qualification projects with system like NEXUS, and coordinate with internal (innovation, commercial, SRA, Quality) and external (supplier) to facilitate the process effectively.
- Assure all suppliers and materials are documented within the Nexus/ATLAS systems. Provide training for internal and external users to ensure correct and effective use of the Nexus systems.
- Work closely with suppliers to implement the auditing program, including audit planning, supplier gap analysis, follow up of supplier CAPA (Corrective Action and Preventive Actions), including tracking and reporting supplier audit status, leading/participating in audits.
- Nonconformance administration/management. This including tracking status of Corrective actions with system like Nexus. Work with various partners internal and external to ensure effective resolutions of supplier non-conformances.
- Lead suppliers’ capability development and continuous improvements on facilities, process and people competency, through on-site visiting, training & regular internal & external supplier performance reviews.
- Drive the SQA deployment of Commercial FAB for NAI as part of MEA Cluster.
- Build and develop relations with other Mars segments SQA Technologists & managers, to foster cross-segment collaboration, and synergy, best practices sharing.
- Timely prepare and support Regional Supplier Quality Manager with reporting / SQA KPI’s tracking as it relates to Kenya.
- Lead Premia standard implementation and compliance across MEA.
- Partnering in developing Premia SQA strategies with multiple Commercial Business Teams which are aligned with overall Global Business Strategies.
- Assures quality and consistency of packaging/premia within the market by performing supplier site audits, ensures completion of identified corrective actions, creates material risk assessments and supplier improvement plans. Performs supplier performance reviews and manages supplier performance metrics
- Work with suppliers to improve Premia items consistency and supplier performance.
- Representing MEA in Premia global category forums.
- Review and ensure full compliance of all Premia items foreign suppliers before commercial deals and after alignment with the line manager and the country commercial primes head
- Reference point in supporting the country and MEA commercial strategies for Premia supplying options.
Context & Scope
- This position is accountable for managing Raw and packaging materials’ suppliers quality and food safety in Sub Saharan Africa.
- This position is accountable for PrQM deployment and compliance across MEA region
Qualifications and Experience:
- Technical Bachelor or above degree in Food or Chemical Engineering, Food Science, Microbiology, with Quality Assurance working experiences.
- 7-10 years of SQA/QA/ food manufacturing Management, experiences.
- Solid knowledge and experience in food safety management systems (ISO22000, HACCP, etc) is required. Experience in food safety auditing, preferred with FSSC 22000.
- Knowledge about Gum manufacturing.
- Knowledge of web-based database management.
- Adaptable and Flexible. Easily adjusts to shifting work priorities, multiple demands, adversity and change.
- Effective communication skills including verbal, writing & presenting in English.
- Strong leadership, people management skills. Be a strong team player.