Regen Organics is an industry leader in regenerating agriculture, cities and communities. We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manufacture regenerative insect feed for animals, various organic fertilizers and ecofuels for use in fast growing emerging markets. Our technologies and professional logistics network are developed in-house to saf...
Read more about this company
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Wheel Loader/ Tractor Operator to join our team in Kinanie, AthiRiver.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow weekly shift plans and daily set production schedules to execute all assigned tasks as per the work instructions.
- Performing Autonomous Maintenance tasks on the wheel loader daily
- Performing Autonomous Maintenance checks on all vehicles on site as well as attachments which include windrow turners, front-loaders, forklifts and other site vehicles
- Attend scrum meetings and other sessions called by the line manager to discuss and resolve work challenges
- Proactively propose to your supervisor possible solutions to challenges affecting productivity, quality, health & safety in your work area
- Lead workmen (turnboys or juniors) at your section to resolve agreed issues
- Actively support and be involved in maintenance activities related to all site vehicles i.e wheel loader, tractors, forklifts and associated attachments"
- Meet biweekly with your supervisor to review and set expectations for your performance
- Report your sections performance against set production schedules to your supervisor on a daily basis on the established platforms
- Training new or existing wheel loader /vehicle drivers on the operation of all vehicles (tractor/forklift/wheel loader) and attachments
- Work with other section leads to ensure that processes run in sync as per the production schedule
- Lead your teammates in your section to execute daily production schedules
- Attend and actively participate in all team meetings
- Maintain effective working relationships by treating your colleagues with respect
- Resolved misunderstandings and report unresolved issues with suggestions to your Supervisor or talent partner
- Report any complaints or concerns raised by existing customers or any other member of the community
- Adhere to set shift plans and work orders.
- Proactively ask or seek clarification from your Supervisor on any areas of work that are unclear
- Openly share ideas during scrum and team meetings on how current processes can be improved
- Participate in new improvements initiatives as assigned by your supervisor
- Use resources assigned to you sparingly as per the resource plan shared by your Supervisor
- Use and handle assigned company assets as per the set policy
- Conduct scheduled Gemba walks in your area/section to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Coach fellow workmen and support them to understand the process and equip them to detect and/or challenges/variances in the line of their day-to-day duties
- Conduct scrum meetings at your section
- Valid driver's license with appropriate vehicle class qualifications to operate forklifts and wheel loader including attachments
- At least 2 years’ experience in the operation of wheel loader and attachments (e.g. windrow turners, crawlers, trailers, wagons)
- Diploma will be an added advantage
- Experience in basic wheel loader maintenance will be an added advantage
Regen Organics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
REGEN ORGANICS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). WE DO NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.