Jobs Career Advice Signup

Send this job to a friend


Did you notice an error or suspect this job is scam? Tell us.

  • Posted: Mar 30, 2023
    Deadline: Apr 2, 2023
  • Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us

    World University Service of Canada - is a leading Canadian non-profit organization in international development, committed to building a more equitable and sustainable world. We work with a unique and powerful network of post-secondary institutions, private-sector partners and volunteers to provide education, employment and empowerment opportunities that imp...
    Read more about this company


    Call for Consultant – Video Production

    The scope of the assignment

    • Conduct interviews with key university staff who have contributed to the successful inclusion of RDP scholars.
    • Conduct interviews with selected scholars to discuss their experiences throughout the recruitment process and how this opportunity has impacted their lives.
    • To highlight the Scholars Program's impact on RDP youth and the importance of expanding access to refugee communities.
    • To highlight the impact of WUSC’s technical assistance on Scholars Program partners.
    • To highlight the importance of inclusive policies in refugees and displaced people (RDP) inclusion.

    Assignment focus
    The consultant shall:

    • Develop the documentary script and storyboard to be used in shooting and production of the documentary.
    • Collaborate closely with DREEM's Senior Project Manager and Communications Officer to understand what is expected of the documentary's final outcome.
    • Go on a reconnaissance mission (recce) to the shoot location to map out the best places to conduct interviews and shoot the necessary B-roll.
    • Coordinate with the interviewees and plan when to conduct the interviews.
    • Hold pre- and post-production meetings with WUSC focal points to finalize all production elements.
    • Use artistic knowledge to enhance and compose shots while on location.
    • Before delivering final products, present a draft documentary to WUSC for review and feedback.
    • Take feedback into account and present the main documentary (5-8 minutes) and two (2) shorter abridged versions of the documentary to WUSC as directed by the Communications Officer.


    • After the contract is signed, the consulting arrangement will be in effect for 30 days. The process includes meetings with the WUSC team during pre-production, production, and post-production.

    Working Arrangement

    • When the contract is approved and signed, the consultant will receive 40% of the total cost; the remaining 60% will be paid once the documentary has been satisfactorily produced.


    • Every member of the production team must have proven film production experience (A crew of no more than five people is recommended).
    • Vast expertise in producing documentaries about development work for organizations with the goal of engaging both local and international audiences.
    • Excellent technical capabilities for both sound and video (Full HD video or 4K video) to ensure high-quality production.
    • Must be tax compliant/produce a KRA PIN registration certificate.
    • Must share links of previous work done, “specifically documentaries.”

    Method of Application

    WUSC will only accept email applications. Applications must be submitted no later than April 2, 2023.To apply, please follow this link

    Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.

    Interested and qualified? Go to World University Service of Canada on to apply

    Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.

  • Send your application

    View All Vacancies at World University Service of Ca... Back To Home

Subscribe to Job Alert


Join our happy subscribers

Send your application through

GmailGmail YahoomailYahoomail