World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Read more about this company
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
In connection with the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) group, this position provides leadership for the WVI global compliance function. The Director will be expected to understand and evaluate WVI’s unique organizational environment, and apply a deep understanding of technical compliance principles to establish a recently developed function that will deliver an effective organization-wide compliance program. To accomplish these goals, the Director will need to possess a strong understanding of compliance best practices, and be able to exhibit creativity and strategic thinking in designing and implementing a framework that will enable the organization to effectively identify and manage its
internal and external requirements. The Director will be expected to act as a champion for fostering a culture of compliance in the organization. In particular, challenging existing negative perceptions of the compliance field, and demonstrating the benefits and value that a compliance practice can bring to WVI. This will include driving adherence to policy management standards, chairing the policy oversight committee, and advising stakeholders on policy development and revision. This role will also advise and support mandatory employee compliance training programmes ensuring a high degree of quality. This role will lead and support a network of Compliance Champions throughout the
organization who will act as focal points for their individual offices in leading the implementation and maintenance of local compliance functions and a compliance framework and monitoring tool.
- Chair the policy coordination committee and act as a subject matter expert on policy management standards to ensure existing and new policies are in alignment.
- Partner with a wide range of stakeholders and policy owners to advise on policy management and development best practices.
- Maintain a network of partners and compliance champions throughout the organization to implement and support the Field Office Compliance Framework and monitoring tool.
- Act in an advisory capacity to ensure employee training programmes and communications are effective at educating employees on expected behaviours.
- Develop and deliver regular reporting to senior leadership and/or the Board on the effectiveness of the compliance program, highlighting any significant gaps requiring intervention.
- Within the context of NGO Compliance practitioners and networking groups, act as a leader in developing sharing innovative best practices in place in World Vision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor degree in finance, business, project management, security or related discipline.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of work experience leading a compliance programme or related function.
- Membership in a global compliance institute/organization.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategies that produce results.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in setting strategic goals, measures of success and priorities.
- Ability to understand and align cross-functional strategic priorities.
- Knowledge and experience in managing a compliance function.
- Ability to effectively engage with executive level management in championing compliance and implementing it as relatively new discipline in the organization.
- Experience in managing stakeholders and business units to achieve results.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Externally recognized compliance certification or qualification preferred.
- International and/or prior experience working with an INGO.
go to method of application »
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
VisionFund International is implementing a US$6.7m multi country grant funded digitalization project in 6 MFIs in the Africa Region. The project is focused on improving efficiency and effectiveness in the use of technology and standards focusing on Core Banking Systems, Mobile Money, Digital Field Applications, Data Warehouse and Hardware. Under general direction of Regional Head-Africa, the IT Change Manager will provide strategic oversight of all aspects of the Weberg Grant funded project over the entire project life cycle. The role will coordinate the activities of a multi-country project team to deliver efficiently and efficient technologies in line with grant requirements.
Program & Project Management:
- Drive and actively manage IT Change programs (IT implementation PLUS the business process changes that accompany it) with local business and IT management in VisionFund MicroFinance Institutions (MFIs).
- Mentor and coach MFI project managers on the ground through their IT Change programs.
- Guide local MFI business managers through necessary process changes due to IT implementation.
- Define and demand IT Change program reporting standards for MFIs.
- Provide regular IT Change Program reports to [Donor Management team name] in the format requested.
- Escalate in a timely way, any project delays or risks for swift resolution/mitigation
- Develop MFI Project Reporting Templates.
- Make consolidate reports on project Implementations for Region.
- Act as contact person for the donor, Vision Fund and key stakeholders and respond to queries as needed.
Consultation with Subject Matter Experts:
Monitoring Project Budgets:
- Ensure that accurate Budget Monitoring Reports are produce for each project.
- Coordinate with all stake holders to ensure all budget information are captured in time.
- Make consolidated report on budget spending for region.
- Alert region and DOC team in case of delay over or under spending.
- Ensure that project spending will not be made without proper approvals of all stake holders.
Managing Project Procurements:
- Participate in procurement process of services and goods needed for project implementation.
- Participate in building TOR for requesting service from vendors and providers needed for project implementation.
- Ensure that VFI Procurement polices are followed when procurement process for project taking place.
- Coordinate with all stakeholders in process of procurement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience of managing IT Change projects, dealing directly with stakeholders and IT teams.
- Ability to manage and influence multiple simultaneous projects and stakeholders.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English (required) and French (desirable).
- Ability to positively influence senior management.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Remote working with multiple departments/organisations in multiple countries.
- Strong self-motivational skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business
- Certified qualification in Project Management (eg PMP or Prince2).
- 5+ years experience in the retail banking or micro-finance industry.
- Fluency in spoken French would be an advantage.
- Certified qualification in business process re-engineering (eg Six Sigma) would be a bonus.
- Experience implementing donor funded projects/programs.
- Home or office based (if VFI has a local office).
- Ability to travel internationally (20%) is required, when it is necessary and permitted.
go to method of application »
Purpose of Position
To operationalize a broad field Communications agenda for both local and global stakeholders to increase the overall influence, income and impact of the Project and World Vision Kenya for child well-being by performing core communications and media functions of the Project and of the Livelihood & Resilience Technical Programme.
Communications resources for IMARA (Media, Internal, Emergency, Advocacy, Community Voice Comms) 55%
- Production of high quality, Natural Resource Management, child focused, compelling and issues-oriented fundraising, advocacy and publicity materials (web-based, electronic, print, photo and video content) for effective Sida and public engagement.
- Produce high quality, NRM, child-focused visual (photo and/or video) content that engages broad audiences and enables supporter transformation, staff engagement, and advocacy and revenue generation.
- Develop and maintain media contacts, pitch compelling NRM content and position IMARA in influential media outlets in the national and global levels.
- Produce rapid information and compelling needs and impact-focused content for Partnership communications and marketing for Environment and Climate Change related issues.
- Prepare written project materials, internal newsletters, presentation materials and other communications products for the Sida, GoK, IMARA Consortium.
- Develop and publish digital content for IMARA
- Identify story concepts, host and accompany Sida, other donor, Support Offices, or VIP visits
- Design and manage a project website and a social media platform that engage audiences
- Contribute articles, stories, blog and any other information on IMARA on to the integrated WV Kenya website
Planning and Capacity Building 25%
- Provide communications advice including crafting of relevant messages and use of the right media
- Create relationships and connections utilizing various channels for information sharing, learning, influence to help shape and advance the communications agenda
- Develop strategic solutions to given communications challenges.
- Conceptualization of video productions with NO-based Videographer
- Facilitate training on communications for development skills for IMARA Staff and Consortium members’ staff
- Train and position approved media spokespersons to respond to media inquiries and achieve positive coverage for IMARA Grant and World Vision Kenya
- Support the Resource Acquisition and Management (RAM) team by producing communication resources/materials for marketing the IMARA grant
Learning, Documentation and Quality Assurance 15%
- Document successful stories/case studies and best, and share these during learning/knowledge management events
- In consultation with MEAL and coordination with WV Kenya Program Manager organize learning and knowledge sharing events
- Review project publications and external marketing engagement materials for alignment to WVI quality and brand.
Other responsibilities 5%
- Carry out any duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor or designee
- Attend and participate in daily and weekly chapel and devotional meetings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Journalism or other relevant training from a recognized university;
- Minimum four (4) year’s professional experience in communications, journalism or public relations.
- Experience in writing/communication of NRM/Environment and Climate Change (ECC) and other L&R Initiatives will be preferred.
- Excellent oral and writing skills; ability to convey complex information in a straightforward, interesting and motivating manner;
- Must have good photography skills;
- Competent in new digital platforms and devices and traditional office applications (Word, Power point and excel);
- Must be a self-starter with proven analytical, problem solving skills and ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Thorough knowledge of the communication and media industry with strong media links
- Proven experience in social media engagement and
go to method of application »
The Senior Program Manager will coordinate and oversee supervision, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the community-led Capacity Strengthening for Fragile Contexts (C4FC) project (in South Sudan, Sudan and Somalia), with a view to attaining set outputs, improve the program, for action learning and strategic decision making. He/she will oversee operations and manage sub-recipients in line with program objectives and donor guidelines.
- Project and Grant Management through overseeing Partner Focal Points.
- Lead the Facilitation of the Co-creation Process.
- Coordination of the Technical Support.
- Lead the Dissemination of Learnings.
- Project Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Financial Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or Development Studies. Diploma/Certification in Project Management desired.
- Master’s degree in Development Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation, or related field will be an added advantage.
- 3-5 years of experience in Relief and Development work with at least 4 years in senior Operations/Program Management.
- 3-5 years of Monitoring & Evaluation experience, including Monitoring & Evaluation of national initiatives and developing Performance Monitoring Plans (PMPs).
- Extensive experience of managing complex international development projects in consortium or close collaboration with other NGOs with responsibility for multi-million dollars.
- Experience in working with a USAID grant.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills. Fluency in speaking English (required); Somali (advantageous); Arabic (advantageous).
- Knowledge of humanitarian industry including SPHERE standards, Good Enough Guide, NGO Code of Conduct, the Humanitarian Charter, and the Grand Bargain.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.).
- Excellent organizational skills, negotiation skills, strong interpersonal skills, strong leadership skills, excellent flexible Project Management skills with very good Partnership Management experience.
- Experience in working with consortiums, capacity to prioritize and manage a diverse range of staff members, projects and activities.
The position will be based in Nairobi with frequent travels travel to Sudan, South Sudan and Somalia for stakeholder engagements. (Public, private and non-governmental institutions) and community engagement.
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks, which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.